Announcement

Collapse

CALL FOR CALENDAR PICS!

It's time to submit pics for the 2019 Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Calendar!

Send me pics of your Lincoln! Any Lincoln. ALL your Lincolns!!

Email them to me at ~

j_a_peters at usa dot net

PLEASE PUT "CALENDAR PICS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics, the bigger, the better quality the calendar will be! At an absolute minimum it should be 1200 x 1600.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...-calendar-pics
See more
See less

FFW Spring Break Shootout - Orlando

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFW Spring Break Shootout - Orlando

March 4-5 For details on this all Ford racing event, log onto www.funfordevents.com or call 225-664-0996.
    Jack Carter, Tampa, Fl.
    Silver 97 Mark VIII
    Best time: 13.214

RE: FFW Spring Break Shootout - Orlando

Funny you should mention this. I bought my Mark VIII to take my Mustang off the road and use it for 1/4 mile racing. So, it's just been sitting there for 2 years now. I finally decided to dust it off and play. I entered the FFW 2 weeks ago here in Orlando. I changed the oil, (for obvious reasons), and slapped on a pair of Nitto's. Thats it. I didn't even adjust the timing. I even forgot to shake the dust out of my K&N filter. On the second day of the event, I took it to the finals in the Street Ford division. A -.078 red light gave the win to the other lane, but I got a nice trophy for runner-up and I had a blast. The other guy was in a Bronco II running 17.98's. He was in the finals on the first day too. It was just too slow to make mistakes. It's hard to see the other lane get a 4 second head start and not red light. My best run was in the quarter finals. I was up against the same Focus that knocked me out on Saturday. I ran .05 off my dial in, (to his .03), but his .051 reaction time couldn't touch my Seven One-Thousandths (.007) of a second reaction time. Watching him pound his steering wheel in my mirror after I blew by him at the finish line, was priceless. I felt even better when I saw him leaving with 2 race cars on the back of a nice drive-on hauler. Not a bad day for an old beater! I wasn't the slowest and I wasn't the ugliest. I'm a happy boy, (with a trophy)!
    http://mark8.org/users/lsc2nv/mystang.jpg

Comment

Nice!

You should've really suprised them with the Mark VIII.
      JP

Comment

Nice job Steve!
        Sharon
        98 VIII
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X