Tommy bought Workoutman's 20 spokes

BlackIceLSC

Registered
Well, although Tommy isnt an "official" Golden Gate Mark VIII member, I suggest we make him an "honorary" member, since afterall, it is his shop that he lets us use when we need to work on our Mark VIII's. Stanley's car went under the knife there, of course, my car(several surgeries), Todd's LSC, Hurley's car, and I am sure several more will find their way to "Dr. Johnson's" operating room.

anyway, when Hurley decided to buy some new wheels for his recently unveiled 95, I asked him if his factory 20 spokes were going to be for sale. I knew Tommy wanted to get his o.e. "snowflakes" replaced, but only if a set of 20 spokes became available. He liked the look of my 20-spokes.

Hurley named his price, and Tommy snatched them up right away.
They were in pretty good shape, but needed some elbow grease to bring them back to life.

Tommy installed some nice 235/55 VR 16 Falkens on them, and then I went to work with the Mother's chrome polish.

They came out fantastic. Tommy's pretty happy with his new "bling" on his garnet red 93.

I let him take my 94, for the day, while I detailed his 93 from bumper to bumper. He has been "shotgun" in my 94 before, but this was his first SOLO flight.

He was fully aware of how nice the JMOD shifts are, but I dont think he planned on the ass-end kicking out on him, as he drove my car away at WOT. It was pretty sweet listening to my car drive away from me at full song, then bark the rear tires, and ass-wag down the road.

Anyway, here's the pics of Tommy's 93 with Hurley's old 20-spokes.

*UPDATE* I cant upload pics right now. Looks like the ol' HP needs to get some work on it.

Keep an eye on this post. Pics will be up as soon as the computer gets fixed.

[a BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
see profile for mods[/a]​

RE: Tommy bought Workoutman's 20 spokes

You got it. He might not be into the "club" thing, since he owns 8 cars, and hardly has enough time to stop by for dinner anymore. But I assure you, WE want him in our club. Having an auto enthusiast who owns his own shop, and happens to enjoy a Mark VIII as much as we do, is like carrying around a rabbit's foot all day long.

Pic will come soon John.

[a BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
see profile for mods[/a]​

RE: Tommy bought Workoutman's 20 spokes

Craig,
Is Tommy the fellow that we met at the Dublin run? He looked like a GGM8 kind of guy.

Bobber :)

Back