Nor-Cal get together-Memorial Day weekend

BlackIceLSC

Registered
Another west coast Mark VIII owner, Chad (Chadly_187) is heading up north on memorial day weekend, to let me do a JMOD to his Gen 2 LSC. I am hoping some, if not all of the Nor-cal gang could join us at Tommy's shop either that saturday, or sunday. I could bring my BBQ, and we could have a "Nor-Cal JMOD-Fest".

Other than helping each other move, or fix a couple cars here and there, we havent had a meet since Feb(?) in Dublin.

So, if Chad can get here by Saturday(long drive from the desert/29 palms), we can work on his car, have a BBQ, and take pics. Then, since he is going to stay up here for the night, we can all take a nice long drive through the wine country, or up the coast the next day. That way if some of you cant make it on Saturday, maybe Sunday's cruise would be better for you.

This all hinges on whether I can have access to Tommy's shop that weekend. But I'm pretty sure there wont be a problem.

Bring your parts, mods, whatever since there will be a bunch of us there to help you work on your own car(s). I'll be elbow deep in a tranny(as usual), so my hands/tools will be devoted to Chad's car that day, but if I can lend a hand to anyone else, I sure will.

Post your thoughts here. Like I said, I am definately doing Chad's car that weekend, so if any of you want to head to my 'hood to join me, it would be great. This is a great opportunity for those of you who dont do much work on your own car, to learn a thing or two about it.

BBQ baby-backs, beverages, working on a Mark VIII...what more could you ask for...except to have your friends with you!
C'mon gang. This will be fun.

[a BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
see profile for mods[/a]​

RE: Nor-Cal get together-Memorial Day weekend

So its going to be 29th/30th??? My B day is on the 29th!! So i'm not sure if i can show up... i guess it would depend on the day. Sounds like tons of fun though. Maybe i'll get to work on my dreaded EGR sensor. That thing has been throwing a code for 3 months now.

John, its not this weekend. Its Memorial day...the 29th/30th weekend.
let us know.

[a BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
see profile for mods[/a]​

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
John, its not this weekend. Its Memorial day...the 29th/30th weekend.let us know.[/div]Sheesh - and here I was looking forward to 3 days this weekend...I need more sleep...

John
[link:mark8.org/lodnca|NorCal Chapter Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

For those of you who dont know me, I'm Chad. I am a US Marine stationed in 29 Palms (about 9 hours south of you). I have had my Mark for a little over a year and love it. Its a 97 LSC (see members rides). So far I have done exhaust, sensor lowered, snorkle removed, new rims, custom grill, tinted windows, eliminated the wood trim iside, and upgraded stereo. I also have 4.10 gears a t-lock but not putting those in until after my 3000 mile journey across the country in july.

I have been looking forward to meeting all of you I havent met yet (Scott) and seeing northern cali for the first time, not to mention getting the J-mod!!! I have a B&M electronic shift improver right now, but it doesnt work at WOT and sometimes causes a CE light to come on since my car has the OBD2 computer. Guess theres no substitute for the J-mod.

My wife has traded her schedule so she will be coming along. So fellas if you got a signifigant other, bring them along so mine isnt bored out of her mind.

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!
Chad

Craig, Chad, John, and all the rest of the gang.
This outing sounds great. We have been wanting a "Mechanics Day" for a while. I will try to arrange my time, my family is planning a home BBQ etc.
Which day are you planning for the fleet to arrive, Saturday or Sunday?
Hope to see you then.

Bobber :9

I'm just wondering have any of you changed the gear fluid in the mark??? Its due at 100k miles but this seems to be a very neglected maintanance item.

Gear oil is something i usually pay someone to do. If you take it to your local oil change place, they'll have a vacuum thing that they can use to just suck out all the old fluid, and refill it. If you do it yourself, you're most likely going to have to pull the diff from the car, and you're going to make a big ol' smelly mess.

Have not changed the gear oil at 70K.
I did add the Prolong Trany treatment at about 25K and hope it helps over the lifetime. I may change it next oil change however now that you made me think about it again. Differential oil is easily changed by service company, I don't have the inclination to do it myself. Tranny change is expensive, $75. and Differential was quoted at $45, @ Penzoil Quick Change.
I believe the Prolong product in the engine oil saved one of the family "Ricers; 280ZX" when it drove 28 mile without water in the radiator! By the time it arrived here it was sizzeling and stinky. We cranked it as it cooled to prevent freezing or sieze up and then added the coolant after replacing the bottom hose. That car had 220K on it then and has 270K on it now, does not burn oil! I could not believe our good luck, must have been the Prolong.

Bobber

transmission service for $75??? It is $150 for a complete flush i actually got a coupon for one of the dealers and it was $90 but reg price is $150. My car is at 97k so i guess i'll pay to get the gear oil changed. A buddy of mine did it on his subaru, didn't look too bad. But if it doesn't cost over $80 why get the hands dirty.

OK guys - I'm leaving that weekend completely open. We can BBQ at the shop where Craig's doing the work, or I'm willing to have a BBQ at my new place. Or if it's at Bobber's, that's fine with me too, (I can understand if Bobber's just planning a fammily BBQ, though).

Anyway, let's do plan on a get together that weekend - Sat., Sun., or Mon. all work for me. Chadley - any idea on how long you'll be here?

John
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

It looks like everything's a go for this. The cruise/BBQ is on Sunday, but Craig is going to be at his friend's shop on Saturday helping with Chadley's car. If anyone wants to stop by Saturday afternoon, here are the directions to the shop:

SATURDAY: anyone planning to head to the shop, it is on Bluebell drive in Santa Rosa, off Coffey.

Take the Bicentennial exit off 101 North. Take the overpass to the west side of the freeway. Turn right at the signal light at the bottom of the overpass, then an immediate left onto PINER RD. Go about 1.2 miles, and at the second traffic light, turn left onto COFFEY. Go 100 yds, bear right onto BLUEBELL. the shop is on your left.
BIG JOHNSON'S AUTO REPAIR.

SUNDAY: We are planning on meeting at 10:00am, at a restaurant in Petaluma called "Pete's Henny Penny". This is on the corner of Petaluma Blvd North, and Stony Point Rd. Take the "Petaluma Blvd North/Penngrove" exit off 101, and head west 1 block. it is next to the Chevron gas station. Anyone who wants a good breakfast(cheap), you may want to get there earlier and chow down.

From there, we will head north on Stony Point, south on Meacham rd, south on Peppar rd, then west on Valley Ford rd. This will lead us west to Bodega hwy., and to the coast. From there, we can decide to either head North towards Russian River, or South towards marin County. We can then head back to John's in Rohnert park for a BBQ. There are a few grocery stores we can stop at to stock up on BBQ goodies.(bring $$$)

If anyone wants directions to my house, (if you can't make the cruise but still want to make the BBQ later Sunday), PM me directly in this forum and I'll get you directions. I imagine it will be roughly 2PM for the BBQ, (4 hours for cruise?).

John
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Back