Sunday, 6/25-Tommy's shop

BlackIceLSC

Registered
I am doing some work on Dave Arnold's performance white Mark VIII at Tommy's shop this Sunday...he reserved the time MONTHS ago, just havent been able to hook up.

Installing a 4-bank chip I had custom-burned for his car(from Torrie)
MSD 8.5mm wires
Motorcraft 12c's
upgrade the tranny's 1-2 accum/Mercon V install
chrome side moulding replacement/repair

if anyone is interested in stopping by to see his "used to be bone stock" Mark VIII receive its finishing "mods", stop on by. The car has undergone some serious changes in less than a month...the end result is going to be SWEET!

He has done
[a
Club 16 President/Founder
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
V.P. GGM8​

RE: Sunday, 6/25-Tommy's shop

Craig be careful with those 12c's i have been getting what seems to be a misfire under load if i am under 2k rpms. I would suggest sticking with the regular plugs. Btw I would stop by, but i am seriously deciding about what to do with my mark. I want the shakes (brake and regular driving) to be GONE... and i need to have my entire front end inspected, so I will probably reserve some time with Tommy soon.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Craig be careful with those 12c's i have been getting what seems to be a misfire under load if i am under 2k rpms. I would suggest sticking with the regular plugs. [/div]

Have you tried 22C's?

Nope?!! Dang it they best not be better for the mark. I have been through 4 sets of plugs in the last 40k. Trying different kinds. So far I liked stock the most although i think the 12cs do give a little tiny bit more power.

Ran 12cs for over 20k miles, they came out looking new, i have an other set in now, no problems.

First off, I type-o'd the date... 6/26!

second, I have run 12c's in the 97, and in Todd's car, Tommy's car, Mark's car....never a flinch.

I'm installing them in my car sunday as well.

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

What time are you going to be there Craig? I might be down to show up and just hang with you guys. 9am as always?

I've never had a problem with 12c's. Jerry said my car didn't hit the knock sensors once on the dyno. I took them out to replace after 25k and they still looked perfect, no fouling or anything.

I don't know what kind of plugs come stock, but mine are still in at almost 94K and nary a miss or hiccup. It still idles and runs smooth as glass...

Also, I'd stop in Sunday except I got a set of comp tickets to the NASCAR race at Infineon, so that's where I'll be.

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]...Also, I'd stop in Sunday except I got a set of comp tickets to the NASCAR race at Infineon, so that's where I'll be.
[/div]

You poor, poor guy. Have a good time in Hell, John...I'll wait a few days, and if I dont see any internet action, I'll send a search party.

anyway, No Max, or anyone else, but WHAT a Major transformation this car has made.

The first time I saw it was at the dyno meet in Feb. Gleaming white in all its beauty, low miles, bone stock plane-Jane mark VIII.

Now...oh boy.... what a difference... it's night and day.

It's basically a White/Graphite version of my car!
The bullets sound even better on Dave's because his 96 has exhaust cut outs in the rear bumper, so he was able to run tail pipes straight out, with beautiful custom tips.

The original plugs came out...didnt look bad, but it was time(10 years of sitting in there). The wires almost looked new, with only a few "hot spots" on them, also original.

So, 12c's and MSD's, a mercon V drain/fill including the converter, updated the 1-2, and installed his SCT 4-bank chip. Then we added the chrome tape I used a couple years ago around the moulding of the car.

With his new tint, bullets, tips, chrome, chip, tranny, and tune up...this "Performance white" 96 NOW lives up to its name-sake.

it was a good day...sorry we missed you guys.

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Have a good time in Hell, John...I'll wait a few days, and if I dont see any internet action, I'll send a search party.[/div]
Actually, things went pretty well. We headed in about 2 hours before race time, and it only took us about an hour to get in from when I left home. Then we left about 20 minutes before it was over and listened to the finish on the radio. Absolutely no delay getting out this way...

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Sorry for flaking Craig. But I got off work at 6am (10pm to 6am shift). I checked if you replied to me as to what time you guys are going to be there... Since you didn't post a specific time I decided I was just going to get some sleep. But I will make it next time :).

No worries, Max...sleep=good.

started around 9:30, after jaw-jacking at Dave's "new" car...it looks amazing.

then i racked it, and went to town. took a break for lunch, and finished up a few hours later. My biggest problem is, I spend so much time yacking away, I take forever to do what normally takes me an hour...

but the end result...I am in awe.

You'll all see it when we go to Solano county fairgrounds again this fall.

speaking of which...time for a new thread about the event.

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

RE: Sunday, 6/26-Tommy's shop

RE: Sunday, 6/26-Tommy's shop

His Performance white 96 stocker went from this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/davearnold007/IMG_0340.jpg

To this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/davearnold007/IMG_0417.jpg

in just under a month.

new 1.5" lowered coil conversion by your's truely, new tint, new dynomax bullet race mufflers and 4" oval tips, new chip, wires, plugs, mercon V, accum replacement,....lemme tell ya this much...it's gonna need tires real soon(and the current ones are brand new!)

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

Back