Thanksgiving weekend

BlackIceLSC

Registered
I am trying to find out if anyone is interested in a Mark VIII meet on the weekend of Thanksgiving.

A friend, and fellow Mark VIII owner may be visiting Calif from the mid-west, and he's interested in hooking up with us "GGM8" folks.

My plan for that weekend is a HUGE drag race at Infineon. That is where I will be on Sunday, Nov. 27th (Sunday following Thanksgiving day).

Usually the weather is mild, and cooperative with us racers.

My idea was to have our friend from the mid-west meet us at the dragstrip.

This will give all of us a chance to hang out for the afternoon, and watch some SERIOUS NHRA drag racing. There is a trophy class for anyone who wants to race($20) or you can enter your car in to "sportsman" which is technically "street", and race for money($40)

I am anxious to get many of you out to "my world" and see the car I tune/crew chief (1970 Enderle injected big block chevy(472 cu.in) on alcohol). we have it de-tuned to run 9.60's in the 1.4 mile.

http://www.markviii.org/~firenice/wheelsup.JPG
http://www.markviii.org/~firenice/wheelsup1.JPG

so, I'll know more after I talk to my friend, and see if this is a welcome venue for his plans. In the meantime, lets try to get some(as many) of you out there to support our race team, show off your cars(huge Mustang club shows up, and pits together as well).

anyone free that Sunday?

Post here, PM me, or even email me. questions, RSVP's, etc.

Jesse, this sound good to you? This fall, Infineon's starting line/air has been better than sacto...you'll probably see faster times this weekend, than any other time of the year, or at any other track in the state.

Folks, whatdya say?

RE: Thanksgiving weekend

I might be down, but I can't give 100% as always. I will find out as we get closer to the actual date. I am excited to see what Jesse's mark will do with those mods he has in stock.

John...FWIW, I HOPE you are in the T-Bird too! ;)

I hope my mid-west friend is in the mood for some California-style club shenanigans.

My biggest thing is, I hope to meet with my mid-west friend, and be able to show you all a little taste of what my main hobby is-the 9 second drag car. I have countless hours of building/tuning/maintaining this ride, and I am damn proud of it, and how well it runs.

I really hope we can meet, because I am definately commited to the race that day.

anyone else? This is a club gathering...GGM8.

I have received some personal replies via email, so it looks like we'll have a decent turn out(as of now).

I'm hoping to put the Mark VIII up for sale this weekend. Maybe someone who wants an inexpensive Mark VIII so they don't have to worry about beating on it will pick it up and race it! (I'm hoping for $3500).

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

well, its been a month, a no one has replied since.
I guess its up to me to get this club inspired for more meets.

El Presidente...do you not have time for us anymore? Not a peep from ya, and it looks like you were on this site Tue Nov-22-05 09:29 PM, making a post.

anyone else care to take over as club president? I think Stanley lost interest :+:+ :+ :+ :+

follow-up

follow-up

we had fun.
no one else showed(Just Serge, Jesse a Johnaec, and I)..I couldnt get anyone to eve respond to this thread, let alone show up! I know Max was out of town, but what about everyone else?

anyway, WE had a great time.

Jesse is a killer drag racer, Serge suffered the usual traction blues that go with trying to hook up 4.30's/trac-loc with street tires on a very cold track surface.

Oh, and Brenda and I bought a RACE CAR!

RE: follow-up

Any day at the track is fun! :D

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Oh, and Brenda and I bought a RACE CAR!
[/div]

Who's the driver? }( :9

JP...actually, believe it or not... SHE is!
She's a talented, and accomplished drag racer, feared by most of her competitors when she was racing.

The funny thing is, I I saw an odd look on many of our old 'competition' when word got out that she was getting back into racing...as if they were trying to say "oh, great, she quits racing, and i spend all this money trying to dominate, and now she's coming back? Oh have mercy"

good news is, we'll be campaigning this car in a new(to us) class call CFRA. the California Footbrake Racing Association. No throttle stops, trans barkes, electronics, timers, delays nothing...driver, car, feet. 10.00-14.00 bracket race class.

it's a great class, and as long as we can get it set up to run consistantly, she'll probably dominate it.

It's a 1967 Dodge Dart GT 383 car. We already have a built 440 for it, but for now, the 383 that came in it, will do. It'll get painted, have some chassis work done to strengthen the car, and have the lexan side windows replaced. it's caged, has ful gauges, fuel cell, trunk-battery, everything...ready to race.

just to give you an idea, here are a couple pics of 67-69 Dart drag cars!

http://www.cars-on-line.com/10900/68dodge10959-AA.jpg
http://hemicuda.com/images/gallery/1968_Dart_SS_3.jpg

the guy we bought it from is a walking encyclopedia of Mopars. He also scales in at 350lbs+, yet the car, with a God-awful edelbrock carb, complete with vaccuum leak, and old ignition set up(junk-Mallory) it clicked off a 13.50 pass. as is, with nothing more than a carb swap to a Holley, it'll run 12.90's. if we toss the old-school iron intake for a modern design, it'll run 12.50's AS IS!. But knowing we have the 440 built, and 90% complete, we probably wont do any more to this 383 except a carb swap.

anhway, rolling, driving, racing, AS IS...and delivered with clear title and registration, the car is ours for $2700

sweet deal, and perfect timing, as my new wagon is actally set up as a tow vehicle!(we have a Dodge truck too, but just in case!)

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
JP...actually, believe it or not... SHE is!
[/div]

Somehow I figured as much. ;) Maybe you can twist her arm and let you run it once in a while. Sort of like a tag team. :7

That's one sweet deal on the Mopar drag car too. I don't know much about 'em except when I'm staged against one, more often than not, I know I'm beat!

Good luck with it, you lucky dog. :)

yea, we'll probably switch off, so I'll be putting plenty of runs on it myself...helps with the tuning. I just wanted to let YOU know...not only does she drive, but she wins too!

The only problem with this scenario is....I am sure we'll need ANOTHER drag car to prevent the "who gets to drive" arguements!

anyway, yea, we got real lucky on this one...we miss the old Dart(s)...selling them was no regret, but being without a drag car was really putting the salt on the wound. I was considering spending $$$ on my 94 to make it a bracket car, but you know what? I got a race-ready car for less than it would have cost to get my Mark into the 12's!!!

Back