Bad news and good news!

Goalie

Registered
First the bad. The Lincoln is gone! On Tuesday it will at a dealership in Hamilton awaitng a new owner.

Now the good. I have purchased a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin. 4X2, 4L. V6, auto., air, pw, pdl, leather, p/moonroof, sidesteps, adrenaline edition, ABS, CD 6 in dash & cass., hard tonneau cover & more. It is fully loaded with premium sound - Pioneer with a sub woofer. Black exterior with tan interior. Now I have the colour I wanted for the Mark.

I wasn't really looking for a new vehicle but the Mark had been a great car for almost 3 years and it was time to move on. I needed something that had leg room for four adults as my daughters are 11 and 13 and the Mark just did not have enough room for them. We had been using my wife's Escape as a family car and it is a great vehicle but just not comfortable enough after riding around in a Lincoln. I also need more trunk space to cart hockey equipment around, both my daughters and mine. It was becoming a pain to load and unload the trunk in the winter with sand bags taking up alot of space.

My wife and I just went to "look" at the Explorer today. It rode better than we expected and the Sales Manager was using it as a demo so he was very helpful. Ford was offering a $5000.00 rebate on it and they gave me a decent trade. The owner of dealership took the Mark out and complimented me on it's condition. The Sales Manager originally gave me a low trade in as he figured it would just be wholesaled. The owner was willing to bump the trade in and put it on the lot!

The kicker is that we bounght a 2004 Four Winns Horizon 170 last night. It is going to have black accent with biege interior. The boat and Explorer are going to look killer together!

I will still hang aroung this place as I have made many friends it has been an invaluable source of information and savings for me.

Please wish me luck as I loved the Mark but had to move on.

RE: Bad news and good news!

Randy, all the best, always. Glad you're gonna stay with us! Congrats on the Explorer & the boat! I have never heard of that (package) Edition Explorer Sport Trac.....
(Need Some Pledge :) )

510-watt total peak power premium Pioneer™ audio system with nine speakers, including subwoofer
Standard 6-CD/MP3 changer gives you multiple music options

sweeeeeet!

Randy: Thanks for keeping us up to date on things. We are going to miss you here that's for sure. Especially, all the help, support and contributions to the chapter when we kicked this thing off over the last two years. I do hope we stay in touch, that's for sure.

Good luck with your new toys and with the girls hockey season! Please give our regards to your wife as well. It would be great to see you guys sometime during the summer.

Sincerely,

Neil;

One reason I loved the Mark was this site and the friends I have made.

Maybe you will let a Ford truck join in on the meets this year? Just don't take off on me, I couldn't keep up.

Say hi to Heather and I will see you in the spring/summer.

Congrats! that is one sweet looking ride. I'm jealous. HOpe all goes well. You could still come to Carlisle. It is a ford.

Congrats on the new Ride. Sounds like a nice tow rig and trailer package. I love it when the boat, trailer and rig match. Sounds like a great summer. I just picked up an Expedition for the same reasons. 3 boys, one on the way and some serious camping/fishing/boating planned for this year.

Bryan
MonsterMark

Thanks for the the kind responses. It has been a little over a month with the new truck.

Some things that I miss about the Mark, other than the obvious kick in the seat of the pants when it was floored, are some of the convenience items.

Automatic parking brake release, I have only left it on twice for short distances but it isin't a nice feeling.

Power on until the door latch is opened, I always turned the car off and call forwarded my cell phone while listening to the radio and then put the windows up.

And of course the low centre of gravity for hugging the corners on ramps and while passing on the highway. Plus I will never take the ST up to 220 KMPH, or even close!

I do like being able to cart around a bunch of stuff without having to cram it all into a trunk. The kids love the ST with all the room in the back and rear controls for the stereo and heater. The cost of fuel is a little less as I don't have to buy premium which offsets a bit of an increase in mileage. I am averaging 15.5 miles per gallon for combined city and highway driving. On a long road trip I was over 25 miles per gallon on the highway. The tank is 90 litres so I don't have to fill up as much and with the winter that we have had this is a good thing.

Overall I am more than pleased with the ST. If a mint 98 LSC came up with low mileage would I consider buying it for a summer car, you bet! The Mark was my dream car and it fulfilled all of my expectations and then some. Now if I can lower the ST, put a supercharger on it, add air ride, .... Oh wait, two more years of warranty left.

Back