A Lincoln Friendly Dealership

N

Neilster

I thought I'd share this little story with you. As some of you may know, I needed to replace a HID Low Beam for my 98 LSC. Yep, they cost $CDN 243.00 plus tax. Any way, I had to drive out to Mississauga to Whiteoak Ford Lincoln to pick it up. Apparently, they were the only dealer in Ontario that had one is stock.

Anyway, my wife and I took the one hour drive to get there. I must say I was impressed by this dealership. It's large, but friendly and they have a huge inventory. Just outside the Parts counter, was a window to the shop. Right in front, was a 1997 Mark8 Base. The exterior colour was a beautiful metalic Light Prairie Tan with a chrome grill and painted 10 spoke directionals. It looked spotless.

Meanwhile, the parts guy was taking care of my request(s). When he asked me for my name, I pulled out my LOD business card. "Lincoln's of Distinction" he said. "Never heard of them. Say, two of our mechanics have Mark 8's. Give me a couple of your cards and give them to them. "Anytime your guys need some parts, we'd be glad to give your club a discount" he said.

As it turned out. I asked for a price on a set of front brake pads and rotors. They had them in stock and I was given a cheaper price than my local dealer. Too bad they're so far out of the way for me. I wish my own dealer down the street was as gracious. For you guys in the west end of Toronto area, I was treated pretty well and they gave me a discount.

Sure is nice to find a "Lincoln-friendly" dealer out there. I'll post the contact details on our Chapter site.

Note: Assistant Parts Manager - Mike Despard. Thanks Mike.

RE: A Lincoln Friendly Dealership

Thanx for the info Neil. It's pretty insane how much they want for the HID bulbs over here eh? Cool you found a (fairly) local dealership that gives you some respect.

Hey Neil;

Don't you know anyone who lives in Mississauga and could have picked this up for you?:)

Don't forget about Ed at Fines Ford in Bolton he will source the parts for you and gives members a discount as well.

Hey Randy. Hope all is well with you and the family. I was thinking of you guys as I was in the neighbourhood. The wife and I had a date at the Ricoh Center later in the afternoon to see the Roadrunners play the Bulldogs. Otherwise, I would have given you a call.

I did think of Fines in Bolton, but Ed wasn't in on Saturday, and Bolton's a bit of a stretch from Oshawa.

Good to hear from you and thanx.

Back