We need Volunteers for jobs at Carlisle!

Trixie

Staff member
I'm not sure how many from our club will be there yet, but there are a lot of things which we found from last year that we need assistance with. Feel free to add things you think are needed, and also let us know if you are willing to help out (and when if appropriate).

1. Tent/table set up, including main table with LOD information.

2. Manning said table, including getting new members, selling club items (if applicable) and helping with tech info.

3. PARKING!!!! Making sure people park in the right spaces, and that they park straight.

4. Some sort of music for the banquet - I'm volunteering Saxy for this.

5. Voting calculations.

6. Tent theme - we had suggestions last year of Fondue theme (yum food) or Wedding theme. Can we work on this? I do have a pinata of maracas that I picked up in San Antonio we can use for decoration. But I don't have anything else in terms of decor.

7. Snacks, etc. - we're only bringing one car and the dog, so we won't have room to bring much with us, although Hubby mentioned shopping at the Walmart once we get there. I'm not sure what the club is providing this year, but it'd be nice if we all contribute.

Last edited:
4. Some sort of music for the banquet - I'm volunteering Saxy for this.

I'm 99% sure I gotcha covered... :D
it's been a little while since I gigged a LOD event... :D

6. Tent theme - we had suggestions last year of Fondue theme (yum food) or Wedding theme. Can we work on this? I do have a pinata of maracas that I picked up in San Antonio we can use for decoration. But I don't have anything else in terms of decor.

So the wedding cake that may have been thrown off the roof of a supposed parking garage was really part of our theme last year? :D

7. Snacks, etc. - we're only bringing one car and the dog, so we won't have room to bring much with us, although Hubby mentioned shopping at the Walmart once we get there. I'm not sure what the club is providing this year, but it'd be nice if we all contribute.

I will of course be bringing 'the cooler'... :D
things to eat are on other people...

I was planning on bringing a couple bags full of snacks this year. I wasn't sure what to expect last year and ended up feeling like a mooch. haha

So the wedding cake that may have been thrown off the roof of a supposed parking garage was really part of our theme last year? :D

First thing I thought of was "how long will it take us to find another wedding cake this year?"

Dean has offered to help setup. He told me he plans to be there Thursday so we should have help setting up.

What we really need are early risers Saturday morning! Maybe we could get the party crowd to just stay up all night and head to the fairgrounds at daybreak. LOL :D

Dean has offered to help setup. He told me he plans to be there Thursday so we should have help setting up.

What we really need are early risers Saturday morning! Maybe we could get the party crowd to just stay up all night and head to the fairgrounds at daybreak. LOL :D

um... done :D

Who else is gonna be there Thurs? I was planning on that myself...

I usually arrive Friday evening, I can't say exactly when though, plus my brother and I will have to set up our tents.

I usually arrive at the site early Saturday morning, but I have to wash my car first, because it always rains when I drive through PA.:D

After that, we will be able to help with any more setups.

Will get in Thursday, but unsure of the time.

I volunteered to help 'mind the store' in an earlier post, and can help with that Friday and Saturday.

I can certainly do more, will check in Friday to see what you need :)

Will get in Thursday, but unsure of the time.

I volunteered to help 'mind the store' in an earlier post, and can help with that Friday and Saturday.

I can certainly do more, will check in Friday to see what you need :)

Oh no... You and Brad will be on duty as soon as you arrive Thursday... :p

say, did we ever decide upon a theme for the tent? I was just thinking "Offical Lincolns of Distinction beer tasting tent." Members only, of course, with a conveniently located membership sign-up form! the money will come rolling in.

say, did we ever decide upon a theme for the tent? I was just thinking "Offical Lincolns of Distinction beer tasting tent." Members only, of course, with a conveniently located membership sign-up form! the money will come rolling in.

We actually did that one year... we had an all you can drink membership drive, and people did sign up... :D

Back