Almost ready for Carlisle!

The '96 is ready, though the wheels could be polished more. :eek:

The Town Car is scheduled for a detail. :)

I need to pickup the '93 from the paint shop where the hood was painted. It likely will have to be cleaned on the showfield. :rolleyes:

The goody bags are assembled and all the club stuff is packed and ready to go. :D

I need to get some 'stuff' (chairs, cooler, tent, etc...) from storage and we should be good to go. ;)

I completed Sunday (in 94 degree heat):
Wax on-wax off, swept carpets, treated leather

Whew!!!

I'm with Trixie. I waxed the car about 3 weeks ago, and it still looks pretty good. I gave it a rinse-off and towel-down last night. no time to vacuum, or clean the engine. those might have to wait until I get to the show.

things i have done:
showgrounds sticker is in the glovebox.
ez-pass/ipass has $60 in funding on it, and is mounted to the windshield.
beer has been purchased. :)

yet to do:
pack clothing
pack electronic gizmos
make musical selections for the drive.
obtain thermos full of coffee.

We finally got the Flux Capacitor mounted and calibrated. I'll be leaving Saturday and should arrive on Thursday.

I wonder if I'll ever get to Carlisle........how I envy you who are going.

Well, your hoodliner is going to be there on my car. :) Just come out! There's got to be a way. I went last minute my first year and had a blast.

Thanks Sharon! If you could tell folks where you got it that would be VERY appreciated!

Unfortunately I can't even make it last minute - right now I'm unemployed but I do have a temporary position that started in mid-January and will end around June 28th or so. Once this ends I'm back to looking for a full-time job and trying to make my hoodliner business really take off so that it can be my only job!

Thanks Sharon! If you could tell folks where you got it that would be VERY appreciated!

Unfortunately I can't even make it last minute - right now I'm unemployed but I do have a temporary position that started in mid-January and will end around June 28th or so. Once this ends I'm back to looking for a full-time job and trying to make my hoodliner business really take off so that it can be my only job!

Gonzo, I totally forgot -- do you have business cards for me to hand out or anything? If you do, send them to me at the hotel at Carlisle, and I'll do that.

Wait... you make hood liners? :D

Sorry you can't make it Gonzo. We need more Michigan people there this year.:D

Like Sharon and Tixer, I'm not ready yet.

I have a few more small projects left on the car, it's coming along though.

This year, I took the Thursday off from work because I knew I had work to do on the car. It's threatening to rain Thursday though.:(

Gonzo, maybe you could drop some business cards off with Bill to bring? I don't know how far you are from each other or what your collective plans are, just an idea.

Gonzo, maybe you could drop some business cards off with Bill to bring? I don't know how far you are from each other or what your collective plans are, just an idea.

I don't know Sharon, with mine And my brother's camping gear, we won't have room for any business cards.:D

Just kidding of course, I'd be glad to bring a sample hood liner too, if I could roll it up, or lay it flat in the trunk, under the camping gear.:)

both cars were clay barred,3-step mothers, extra coat of wax, interior detail, wheels polished and waxed.

Your all crazy...

I'll wash them both before we leave, and the again when we arrive...

done... :D

I threw my claybar in the trunk this morning, just for Beerdog. you're doing all of the cars, right?

I'm sorry to hear that Sharon. Good luck with the repairs. Otherwise, let me know if you, or Joe's headlights need to be picked up on my way through town.

Back