Can't make it this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't make it this year

Unfortunately guys for the first time in 12 years I cannot make it down this weekend. For those of you that don't know I had knee replacement surgery on 2/10. I was doing great in recovery, walking fine, finishing up with PT and then I walked into a Diner on 4/21 and found myself flying into the air and came down right on the knee! Some moron in the Diner had placed a rubber mat down onto a wet floor so the mat just flew out from under me when I stepped on it.

Nothing broken but for the next couple of weeks the knee and leg started bothering me and on May 7 my entire leg blew up like a balloon and the pain was like having a charlie horse from my toes to my hip. The pain was like nothing I'd ever felt before. So I wound up in the hospital for three weeks and just got out with no cure. I was bleeding internally into the leg and now my left foot is paralyzed. I can't feel it and have not motion at all. I think I'm going to own a Diner soon!

In any case, with all the meds they gave me I'm still pretty sick so I can't really go anywhere. Please guys have a good time and Joe please have three Vodka Martinis for me? Make that four... per day! I fully expect a good cake toss video too. Someone call me on face time so I can see what's happening?

John Clor and entourage won't be able to make it for the banquet as Ford has something planned for him but he said he may be able to stop by to say hi that evening. He'll definitely stop by the tent during the show too. I'm waiting to hear from Sam Auxier and Rick Markko to see if they can stop in.

So again, have fun and I'm really really pissed I can't make it.
    Leo
    1997 Mark VIII LSC - (Moose)
    1986 Chevy El Camino - (Elky)
    New York AutoFest show schedule

Speedy recovery!!!
    -J

sigpic
    Go To: ---> The Saxophone Studio

-=[ Carlisle 2014 ~ Four Loko is like a time machine that only goes to the future ]=-

Comment

I was hoping you wouldn't have to make this post, Leo!
      sigpic
      1998 Mark VIII LSC
      1999 Town Car Signature
      2004 VeeDUB Golf
      ~ 2017 Carlisle Lincoln Invitational Display ~

Comment

Bummer... we won't know what to do in your absence.

We'll be sure to have an honorary toast at the banquet and appoint someone to FaceTime you in the cake toss.
        JP

Comment

Originally posted by Rene View Post
          I was hoping you wouldn't have to make this post, Leo!
          Me too Rene. You've been following my travails on FB so you know what I've been going through. Bummer...
          Leo
          1997 Mark VIII LSC - (Moose)
          1986 Chevy El Camino - (Elky)
          New York AutoFest show schedule

Comment

Originally posted by LeoC2 View Post
            ...and Joe please have three Vodka Martinis for me? Make that four... per day!
            So, you're saying I have to have breakfast everyday... fine, fine... I'm told it's the most important meal of the day...
            -J

sigpic
            Go To: ---> The Saxophone Studio

-=[ Carlisle 2014 ~ Four Loko is like a time machine that only goes to the future ]=-

Comment

The should reward your ;oyalty by bringing carlisle to you!
              98 LSC Torreador Red
              "This fire's thrills per BTU are off the charts!"

Comment

Sorry to hear about your injury, Leo. Carlisle won't be the same without you!
                Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Bummer Leo. Sounds like a fun road ahead, I hope things come around quickly for you. Oh and I hope you enjoy your new diner.
                  -Bryan-
                  1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

Comment

Wow Leo, really sorry to hear this. We will surely miss you this year. I hope you recover soon!
                    George

97 LSC Toreador Red (x2)
                    06 300C Midnight Blue
                    94 Suzuki GSXR1100
                    98 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
                    ~REGISTERED FOR CARLISLE 2017~

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this Leo, we will miss you. Get well soon.

Bill
                      1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
                      1997 White LSC 135k miles
                      1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
                      1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
                      1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

Lawyer up, sounds like a new Continental can be in your future. Get well soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear Leo..... so now you are going to own a DINER?
                          Bud Pytko
                          2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
                          2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CC 4X4 LB
                          2007 Arctic Fox 30' 5th Wheel

Comment

Best wishes Leo, for a speedy recovery!

Mike

The Mark - 98 LSC Generously Modified

Comment

Working...
                            X