14 Years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Years

It's been a good run. Fourteen years I've been attending the Ford Nationals at Carlisle.

I was certainly planning on it again when back in April, plans changed. Without boring anyone with personal details, I found myself hospitalized, twice, and have been on a slow road to recovery since. I cancelled plans for the Hot Rod Power Tour but held on to hope I could recover enough attend Carlisle. But I just don't believe it will happen.

I have two rooms for Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Comfort Suites I will be canceling at the last minute.
    JP

Sorry to hear that JP, I hope you get well soon and I know you will be missed. And thanks for stepping up in organizing things all these years after Alexander passed.
    I won't be there this year as well, too many activities with the kids that weekend, not only that I am helping coaching my son's baseball team so other kids are counting on me as well that weekend.

Comment

So sorry to hear this JP. Last year I was the one too sick and recovering from surgery to make it and now it's your turn. Let's not make this a reg;ar Carlisle thing for people ok? Get well soon and we expect you back next year! Perhaps when you're well enough you can make it up here to one of my shows, maybe make a mini LOD show within a show if enough members can make it.
      Leo
      1997 Mark VIII LSC - (Moose)
      1986 Chevy El Camino - (Elky)
      New York AutoFest show schedule

Comment

Sorry to hear. Hope you get well soon

Comment

hope whatever life handed you gets it arse beat BY you and the doctors. Brenda and I went through a life changing illness (on her part) 6 years ago...it sort of makes all things you considered important take a back seat and forces you to down-size extra activities and focus on your health.
          I will keep you in my thoughts. Be well, and hopefully very soon you'll be back, stronger than ever.

Comment

Sorry to hear you won't be at Carlisle. I hope your recovery goes well. 14 years. wow. I made it 0ne in a row. I'm finding it hard to cancel my room, keeping the hope of going alive, but I'm going to cancel this morning, and get on to other stuff I need to do. We're making room for those on the waiting list. I'm already planning next year, and I know you'll be there. Last year we both brought red Gen 2's, next year we'll both bring white Gen 1's. Get well soon.
            94 MK VIII
            95 MK VIII
            98 MK VIII CE # 87
            04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

You will certainly be missed at the show, JP !! Get well and start getting ready for a 2019 reunion.... you can start your endeavor to beat your 14 year record ~ !! I'll race ya to it !
              Bud Pytko
              2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
              2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CC 4X4 LB
              2007 Arctic Fox 30' 5th Wheel

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, JP!

Mike

The Mark - 98 LSC Generously Modified

Comment

It won't be the same without you, JP. Get well soon!
                  George

97 LSC Toreador Red (x2)
                  06 300C Midnight Blue
                  94 Suzuki GSXR1100
                  98 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
                  ~REGISTERED FOR CARLISLE 2017~

Comment

You'll definitely be missed this year, JP. You and your family are an important part of this event.

We'll have to get a cake in your honor, or something...
                    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                    2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Sorry to hear you can't make it JP, get well soon.

Bill
                      1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
                      1997 White LSC 135k miles
                      1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
                      1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
                      1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

Dang, JP! We sure hope you're feeling better!!
                        sigpic
                        1998 Mark VIII LSC
                        1999 Town Car Signature
                        2004 VeeDUB Golf
                        ~ 2017 Carlisle Lincoln Invitational Display ~

Comment

J.P; The group, especially Joe did outstanding with the events and show. I am sure as I write this, everyone would agree, to have you at the show would be great, but only under the pretense that you are under the best of health. So, cheers to a speedy recovery and to hopes of seeing you next year.

Comment

Wow that's a shame. I know you always had a great time. The most important is to take care of your health. As I get older stuff keeps happening but I'm still ticking. I'll be 67 in a couple of months and it's hard to believe. I was thinking back to when I first joined this great group of people. I can't remember when Alexander stated this site but that's how long I've been hanging around. I hope everything is ok and nothing serious...
                            Norm Wagner

If you are going through hell, keep going.

Comment

Working...
                            X