A sad but true event

nhcash

Registered
Recently I posted a strange air ride problem. I obtained a Rotunda Super Star OBD 1 tester which helped to diagnose and repair my problem. Recently I had another issue with the wonderful transmission fluid change which had me running in circles. I replaced the ignition switch, cam and crank sensors, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires, throttle position sensor, and lastly the dreaded oxygen sensors. My Mark VIII used to just start right up but now it takes a bit to get her going. Once started it runs fine. I have traced it to the ignition control module and have had a real adventure locating one. The web listing States it doesn't fit my vehicle which is more than likely due to wanting to charge 3 times the price for the same part just because it's a Lincoln ( $43.99 vs $148.99 ). In a conversation I had I stated that with this car, as well as many others, with the amount of modules used it's going to be extremely difficult to obtain parts in order to keep these cars on the road. I was happy to get to "classic" status and was looking forward to making it another 10 years to become "antique". I'm beginning to doubt if it's going to make it as salvage is getting scarce and after market parts along with OEM are being discontinued right and left.
My original plan was to restore my car along with a few performance modifications and keep her on the road. At this stage I feel as though I'm beating my head against a brick wall. I have an opportunity to purchase another Mark that does run but with a couple of issues along with all extra parts the individual obtained during ownership. Problem is where to put the car so I can take what I want for mine along with putting it back on the road and selling it.
I hope that there can be some way to keep these vehicles on the road but from my recent horror story for the past month/month and a half I'm beginning to have serious doubts.

Back