Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warden
    replied
    New vert on order. Be here in about 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• billcu
    replied
    If I didn't already have one of these....

Leave a comment:

• warden
    replied
    It's sad, but I am getting excited.

Leave a comment:

• tixer
    replied
    Indeed. I'm sorry to see this post, but I know you've been thinking about this for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Lvnmarks
    replied
    Sad. Hopefully you can find a good home.

Leave a comment:

• warden
    replied
    I'm selling. I'm out. Time to move on. Putting feelers out there. Send PM if interested. I will only be posting for sale ads as they get pushed out the garage. Vert first and hopefully soon as I have another vert in the works. Vert has air hiccups. Need occasional love tap if compressor (nos) won't kick on.
    Last edited by warden; 01-29-2018, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redn8
    replied
    I live in Alabama and we have no inspections. You see a lot of junk on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Jamesvinar
    replied
    We have 0 inspections in illinois. If we did i think 0 of my cars would pass
    Mark: highly illegal tint, no cats
    Crown vic: cop stuff still on there
    Truck: no cats (although i dont think it came with any), held together with hope

Leave a comment:

• Jd1978
    replied
    I disagree that inspections are senseless. Most states now only do emissions though. There are so many beater cars on the road that jeopardize us all.

Leave a comment:

• Jd1978
    replied
    I have never heard of decibel inspections but obviously you can't run open headers or something like that. (Not saying that's what you have). There are plenty good low restrictive mufflers that meet code and gotta have the cats( whether we like them or not). Second maybe get specialty tags.

Leave a comment:

• BlackIceLSC
    replied
    I guess no one drives anything "performance" in MASS...California has the stricktest emission laws in the country yet noise is not an issue...I hear Challengers and Mustangs from miles away with their obnoxious exhaust yet they pass emissions.
    INSPECTIONS are senseless unless RUST poses a safety concern, IMHO

Just go get a nice stock marauder.
    You'll fit
    they have power
    RWD
    bulletproof chassis
    Last edited by BlackIceLSC; 01-13-2018, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ford nut
    replied
    Originally posted by warden View Post
    My Vert is nice, but its not solid enough for me to put on bigger rims to allow for bigger brakes to actually stop the thing when she gets moving. I'd love to sink money into the vert to completely upgrade the structure, remove the current framing and channel the floor for actual frame rails. But I can't find anyone local that will do the work. There are only a few places out here in Mass, and the one I really want to do the work (Chris Cerce Customs) doesn't seem to want to do the work.

If there was a new Mark with 2 doors and RWD i'd likely buy one. I have absolutely no passion for ANY new car out there right now. At least not any in my price range, which a flagship lincoln is.
    What the vert needs.
    https://www.artmorrison.com/convertibleframe.php
    Only one place I know to do it, and up the power level.

As far as passing insp, I would be on the phone with local clubs and hot rod shops to find the worm hole.

Leave a comment:

• billcu
    replied
    What's wrong with the belts?

Leave a comment:

• warden
    replied
    It doesn't matter how you register here. If the car is different from stock for ride height, window tint, sound, etc it fails. I'll need new exhausts for both, new tint for Hyde, new seat belts for the vert, and don't know what else.

I work a lot. When I'm out of work I want to drive, not work on the cars. I'd just love to have a new one as well as my 8's. Always couldn't wait till I could afford a new Lincoln Mark. Now that I can, there isn't one I'd pay 2 cents for.
    Last edited by warden; 01-13-2018, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lvnmarks
    replied
    Just gotta register them in Minnesota, and since they're registered here you will have to store them here. Mike and I can assist with that!

Seriously though, just have a new exhaust made that is super quiet that you can swap on every inspection season, then go back to the one you have now. Or like Mike said, can you register them as "Classic"? That's how I've gotten around a few regulations here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X