Recent damage to my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent damage to my car

I was driving along a local parkway out here when some other guy in another vehicle just drove right into the side of my car. The police report reflected him at fault completely so his insurance covered the whole repair. I happened to know the owner of the shop I went to and he hooked it up with the repair and a paint job while it was there. see the pictures below
    Attached Files

here is some of the paint issues and dents prior
    Attached Files

Comment

and here is the finished product, they also polished my lights
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Mike!

Bill
        1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
        1997 White LSC 135k miles
        1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
        1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
        1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

They did a good job with the repair. Does the shop normally clean up lights? Most around here didnt want to touch mine because of how much of a risk they are
          http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9faasxk.jpg
          1998 Mark Viii LSC, Black but runny,138k Miles... Still
          The problems I have with this car aren't normal compared to the ones everyone else has

Comment

I had the exact same thing happen to my 2006 Toyota Matrix run-around car 2 weeks ago. 86 year woman turned right into me and then hit-skipped. I got her plate and for the last 2 weeks been fighting with the police and her insurance company.
            Your car looks nice and it appears the body shop did a great job on the headlights and the car looks nice!

Comment

The 'ol girl looks incredible, Mike. That shop did some great work.

As you know, I'm a sucker for that color. Man, with fresh paint, that really pops.

I'd never noticed your plate before. "Hug" heh...
              Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
              2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesvinar View Post
                They did a good job with the repair. Does the shop normally clean up lights? Most around here didnt want to touch mine because of how much of a risk they are
                they did it special for me, cause I know the owner

Comment

Nicey nicey.

Did you write the report ?

Miss ya Mike
                  -------------------
                  Markless.

"Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Comment

Looks like you came out on that alright.
                    JP

Comment

It looks great
                      Norm Wagner

If you are going through hell, keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad1stGen View Post
                        Nicey nicey.

Did you write the report ?

Miss ya Mike
                        I didn't, technically but I guess I did. But it's actually what happened. Miss you too buddy. Maybe now I have to bring it to Carlisle.

Originally posted by driller View Post
                        Looks like you came out on that alright.
                        I sure did 😁

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Nice. no more dents

Comment

that looks FANTASTIC! the other driver sort of did you a favor, huh? PITA to deal with, but the outcome was worth it I suppose.
                              Same thing happened to me a few years back = a kid who is our lot boy was trying to back his lifted 4x4 up to park in front of my 95. He didn't see it since it was so low and plowed right in to the grill. smashed the bumper, grill, brow, and both HID headlights.
                              His insurance co. totalled it and low-balled me. I was in a rental on their dime so I just told them I'd drive the rental until they got back to me with a realistic offer. They offered something like $1400. I told them the headlights alone were worth more, not to mention all the "mods" I had just done. They asked for a list of recent repairs/upgrades,....gee, ya think I knew what I did to it? You bet.
                              within 3 days I had $4700 in the bank. Bought the car back for $500, fixed the car and sold it for $2500 and bought my red 98 LSC.
                              In the end, the kid did me a huge favor, but the day it happened I wanted to wring his neck.
                              I would have been "stuck" with that car since it had 204k miles and was a little "rough" around the edges and the tranny was acting up. The guy I sold it to still drives it and has had ZERO issues 3 years alter.
                              Last edited by BlackIceLSC; 05-19-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X