Twin Turbo Mark VIII kit

RE: Twin Turbo Mark VIII kit

You're evil. }(

Wouldn't forged internals be mandatory for something like this?

Sure, after a few other people have had it and can vouch for it lasting 50 or 60 thousand miles.

Just keep the boost down to 8psi or so and there is no need for internal mods. A single might be an option. I jsut bought my first Gen 2 mark VIII and am trying to get the ball rolling on breaking ground on a 40 X 60 shop. I will use it as a template car. I would think sometime next year I will have a turbo on one of the mark VIII's.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
How many folks would really be interested in a TT kit for the mark VIII? I am thinking of making one that will be good for 600 hp or so. It will fit gen 1 or gen 2 but will have to have a cobra intake swap. We are about done with the kit on my car so we will be bored soon[/div]

This sounds like just what I was looking for}( Just got my Mark VIII and I am loving it so far. Just needs some more power is all at this point and I don't feel like doing all the RD to throw a turbo on just yet.

Joe,
how complete of a kit are talking about here ?
Tubing + headers only also possible ?
I think you should consider a 2nd gen intake also, as some people don't want to change it out and it seems to bring ok results with s-trims.
Not a big difference in the TB location anyway.

Also what K-member options ? I assume not the stock one ...

thats always been my plan for my mark, But let me get this 04 cobra motor over the next 2 weeks and maybe we'll talk. ::grrr::

I will sell any part of the kit that you want. Hopefully we will get started on this next spring when my shop gets finished. We are looking to make several kits.

what will the price range be for a complete kit? where are you putting the turbos in the car? will you need a tubular k-member? that is an awesome pic of your viper and turbo setup. that must be one wild ride.
95 mark 8
98 contour 5spd 24v

Hell yes I would be interested! How much would we be talking here? When will it be available?

Yes, I would be interested. Obviously, location of turbos, tubing, whatever would be nice to now. The tubular K would probably be almost mandatory I suppose.

OK, I have a 95 you can use for R&D if you want....just get it back to me whenever its done.

I am picking up another mark VIII that is stock in 2 weeks. I will use it as a template to make a kit. It will be a while before I even get started on this project. My Viper is jsut finished, and i gotta get the Supercharged Mark VIII perfected.

Way to go Joe. Looking forward to seeing your projects.. Keep us all posted, TT's seemed to be getting more response on our sites for all the obvious reasons. More pics if you can

send me some more pics of your car!! We have the cage 1/2 done in the white car. I will shoot some pics your way asap.

Back