Announcement

Collapse

CALL FOR CALENDAR PICS!

It's time to submit pics for the 2019 Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Calendar!

Send me pics of your Lincoln! Any Lincoln. ALL your Lincolns!!

Email them to me at ~

j_a_peters at usa dot net

PLEASE PUT "CALENDAR PICS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics, the bigger, the better quality the calendar will be! At an absolute minimum it should be 1200 x 1600.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...-calendar-pics
See more
See less

1998 Mark VIII LSC Collectors Edition 116k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1998 Mark VIII LSC Collectors Edition 116k

    I know my wheels are on funky! It motivates me to do a hub swap and buy me some wheels.


    1998 Mark VIII LSC Collectors Edition
    "Drivin' fast makes me feel good, the speed of light trapped under my hood."
    Floats like a Cadillac...Stings like a Beemer!
    "Most men die in their 20's but wait till their 70's to be buried."

  • #2
    Beautiful CE!

    The 20 spokes look great with cordovan!

    Bill
    1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
    1997 White LSC 135k miles
    1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
    1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
    1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks brand new. Love the shine!
      Norm Wagner

      If you are going through hell, keep going.

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting, i did not think the 20 spokes were an option on the ce lsc in 98, they look great.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by steve View Post
          Interesting, i did not think the 20 spokes were an option on the ce lsc in 98, they look great.
          Honestly, I wish they weren't. JMO, but I hate them. I would have liked almost any other wheel better. As for the car, it's in nice condition. The paint isn't perfect, it has several small scratches. I think I can get a lot of them out with a buffing wheel. It looks great from a far, but its far from great. Mechanically though, the car is in very good condition.
          1998 Mark VIII LSC Collectors Edition
          "Drivin' fast makes me feel good, the speed of light trapped under my hood."
          Floats like a Cadillac...Stings like a Beemer!
          "Most men die in their 20's but wait till their 70's to be buried."

          Comment


          • #6
            I have only seen CE with the 10 spokes and octastars before, but the CE should have had the 10 spokes since they had a plastic black Lincoln logo in the center cap exclusive to them. My guess is they were switched at some point in time. Lots of people like the chrome 20 spokes, maybe you can do a swap.

            Originally posted by RobbVII View Post
            Honestly, I wish they weren't. JMO, but I hate them. I would have liked almost any other wheel better. As for the car, it's in nice condition. The paint isn't perfect, it has several small scratches. I think I can get a lot of them out with a buffing wheel. It looks great from a far, but its far from great. Mechanically though, the car is in very good condition.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by steve View Post
              Lots of people like the chrome 20 spokes, maybe you can do a swap.
              The chrome around the outer edge is peeling so they're not in great shape.
              1998 Mark VIII LSC Collectors Edition
              "Drivin' fast makes me feel good, the speed of light trapped under my hood."
              Floats like a Cadillac...Stings like a Beemer!
              "Most men die in their 20's but wait till their 70's to be buried."

              Comment


              • #8
                That car looks NICE, and I would be proud to drive it (funky wheels and all!).
                If you're not living on the edge, you are using too much space.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you.
                  1998 Mark VIII LSC Collectors Edition
                  "Drivin' fast makes me feel good, the speed of light trapped under my hood."
                  Floats like a Cadillac...Stings like a Beemer!
                  "Most men die in their 20's but wait till their 70's to be buried."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is in much better shape and is quite a bit more presentable than my 97 'Half Breed' Base. One day I hope to have mine visually as nice as your example. And it is already an LSC to boot!
                    If you're not living on the edge, you are using too much space.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RobbVII View Post
                      Honestly, I wish they weren't. JMO, but I hate them. I would have liked almost any other wheel better. As for the car, it's in nice condition. The paint isn't perfect, it has several small scratches. I think I can get a lot of them out with a buffing wheel. It looks great from a far, but its far from great. Mechanically though, the car is in very good condition.
                      I love me some Cordovan! Very clean lookin' car.

                      I bet the original 10 spokes where replaced because they were peeling piles of scrap, mine were. I wanted Octi's but ended up purchasing 20 spokes, not my ideal wheel but they don't leak, were cheap and are in pretty dang good shape.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Honestly, they look really nice on the lowered example (not that they look bad on the stock-height example either). They look better than the 'SnowFlakes' (that is purely my opinion).

                        (Although, I have seen some SnowFlakes that were done up nice and looked quite nice)
                        If you're not living on the edge, you are using too much space.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by markup97 View Post
                          Honestly, they look really nice on the lowered example (not that they look bad on the stock-height example either). They look better than the 'SnowFlakes' (that is purely my opinion).

                          (Although, I have seen some SnowFlakes that were done up nice and looked quite nice)
                          These are the only Snowflakes I like.



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i hate snowflakes.
                            i like the chrome snowflakes because they are impossibly rare. i've never seen a set in person. and only like 2 or 3 sets in pictures.

                            and there is nothing wrong with chrome 20 spokes. they are classy.
                            1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Opal Opalescent on grey, 276/287
                            1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Indigo Lights on black
                            2002 Ford Focus SVT Sonic Blue on black

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chris2523 View Post
                              i hate snowflakes.
                              i like the chrome snowflakes because they are impossibly rare. i've never seen a set in person. and only like 2 or 3 sets in pictures.

                              and there is nothing wrong with chrome 20 spokes. they are classy.
                              I agree. They are classy. Thats probably why I don't care much for them. I guess I'm not going for classy. Eventually I want it to look tuff, mean, bad ass, or... you get the picture.
                              1998 Mark VIII LSC Collectors Edition
                              "Drivin' fast makes me feel good, the speed of light trapped under my hood."
                              Floats like a Cadillac...Stings like a Beemer!
                              "Most men die in their 20's but wait till their 70's to be buried."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X