black mk8 from h-town

MarkMachMatt

Registered
hey fellow mk8 fans... I'm Matt from Houston.

My mk8 story is quite a sad one.

About two months ago, I bought a MINTY MINT '98 toreador red collectors edition with 61k miles and man was she gorgeous. one owner, garage kept... every oil change was done at the dealership that he bought the car at in Houston. Everything was flawless and not a single clip or piece broken. Rode like a new car.
I was so excited about this clean car, i immediately threw on some cobra front 13" brakes, hubs front/rear and some 18" silver saleens with new summer tires. Talk about perfect, rite??
Then the inevitable happened... a old spanish woman ran a red light in her big old Texas size SUV and t-boned me. Down goes a true survivor.
Long story long, insurance doesn't recognize value of this car and i'm out a few thousand. (shout out to aggressive insurance, yes that is their actual name).

Moving forward, I picked up a '98 triple black LSC with 90k. Nowhere near as mint which is why i jumped on here. Hoping i can find my old car to pull some parts off of. I know I'll need the wheel speed sensors as well as some interior pieces.

if anyone wants to get rid of some kewl parts... let me know!

Back