Another new member from Metro Detroit

VIIIain

Registered
Hey everyone, I've been visiting this forum for a few months now but haven't introduced myself yet. I purchased a Garnet Red '95 Mark VIII LSC back in 2016 and it's been an absolutely fantastic vehicle for cruising around in every day. Currently it has 177k miles, and I'm in the process of getting most of the bugs ironed out. So far I've done a coil spring conversion, solid rear sway bar, spark plugs, 9mm wires, idle air control valve (ugh), oxygen sensors (ugh x2), fuel filter, and other basic maintenance items. I just recently graduated college and started my career as a powertrain engineer, and it was forward-thinking cars like the Mark VIII that inspired me to pursue a career in this field.

Recently the car's been bucking and stumbling under load, particularly at lower RPMs with the converter clutch engaged, and it's been getting difficult to turn over unless I prime the ignition a 2 or 3 times. My gut says fuel pump so I measured the pressure to be at around 30 psi at idle, but at WOT it wouldn't go above 37 or 38 psi. I can still drive it around normally, the problem only arises during hard acceleration like on ramps or passing. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Back