How much does it cost to get a new key programmed at the ford dealer

maxmk8

Registered
lol that long title states it all...

I misplaced my 2nd set of keys for the 98 Crown Vic... so being nervous about having only 1 key and all I decided to purchase a 2nd one... ($15 from ebay for an OEM key vs $70 from the dealer).

Of course Ford in all it's wisdom decided it would be a good idea to require 2 keys to program a 3rd....

How much will the dealer charge to program the spare key?

Also will a remote from a Mark VIII work on a Crown Vic?!

Thanks

Follow the instructions anyway.....but do it in the dealers parking lot. I've heard the book SAYS you need two sets, but actually only needed one.

Follow the instructions anyway.....but do it in the dealers parking lot. I've heard the book SAYS you need two sets, but actually only needed one.

Hmm really? If so I'll get the key cut tomorrow and try it out...

What about the remote?

I don't know what the book says, but I programed a key when I only had one.
98 Mark.

Dont know about the remote.

What about the remote? Completely divorced from the key. Or did you get a new remote too. You don't need any old remote to reprogram a new remote. If you have multiple remotes, I thing you can program up to 4. The first two should be the driver 1 and driver2 if you have that feature.

I'm in cali... they charge $150-175 an hour here... I know that they will want an arm and a leg for anything..

Last time I was trying to buy a bracket for the exhaust the dealer wanted $27 and $35 for the trans filter!!!

Bought the items for $5 and $18 respectively out of texas...

Back