This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 1--Carlisle

I've been trying to get the 94 ready for Carlisle. Ever have one of those days when everything turns to crap? I'm working on the 2nd week, I swear the 94's trying to kill me, it's got me scared. I have an appt Monday at the dealer. What they do will let me know if it's going for the trip. CE's ready to go just in case.
    94 MK VIII
    95 MK VIII
    98 MK VIII CE # 87
    04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

There's this thing called the "Carlisle Curse."

Don't worry. This is normal..
    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
    2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Yes it happened to me a few times.

What's wrong with the 94?

Bill
      1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
      1997 White LSC 135k miles
      1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
      1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
      1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

The CC has never worked. I've spent hours with a meter, and test light, and get to the step that says, change accl/set switches. Got some switches from Bruce, hooked them up, and no difference with the meter reading. Next is the VSS switch. I can see it, but I've come to realize, my body is more wore out than this car. It's going to the dealer Monday. The 10 player cd works, then it dies. I have 2 back up players, but they don't fit a 94. The cassette works, so I'm covered there. Time will tell.
        94 MK VIII
        95 MK VIII
        98 MK VIII CE # 87
        04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

I have always heard that the cc switches go out. I'll see if I have a spare 94 switch handy to bring to Carlisle.

My 98 cruise never worked, I meant to fix it, but it's the winter car now, and I don't like cruise in the winter.

I forgot about the cassette player, they actually work and sound great. I still have my old party tapes I put together years ago.

Bill
          1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
          1997 White LSC 135k miles
          1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
          1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
          1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

I'm going to see what the dealer says on Monday. Bruce sent me a set of switches, and they gave me the same meter readings. I had a 97, and it was the pressure switch under the right front fender. This switch was a recall thing. The recall was done to the 94, and I bought a switch, and wire harness, again no difference. I think it'll be the VSS switch, or servo unit. Has the recall been done to your 98 ? They still do it free. Thanks for thinking about bringing a switch to Carlisle. Next week we'll know more.
            94 MK VIII
            95 MK VIII
            98 MK VIII CE # 87
            04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

Working...
            X