"Home"

Trixie

Staff member
When I select the "Home" button up at the top, it takes me to the forums. How do we get to the main LOD site which has links to FAQ and contacts and all that?

The link at the bottom of the page entitled "Lincolns of Distinction HomePage" will take you there.

How many think the "Home" link at the top should take you there?

How many visit the forums with a direct link vs. going through the home page?

I removed the USER CP and CALENDAR nav buttons from the navigation bar.

The search buttons are different. The upper search button takes you to the advanced search page while the lower search button in the nav bar is a quick search with an option to go to the advanced search page.

I left the basic style as is since there are no upper links below the header.

Last edited:
I go direct... but I do go to the Home Page to cut/paste links from there.

The reason I ask is site rating due to traffic. Before the new board, I used to go to the home page and then jump to the forums from there.

Does anyone know if that makes a difference? I'm going to change the link in My Favorites back to the home page www.lincolnsclub.org .

I usually go to the message board first, but if it's better to start at the home page, I can do that.:)

Pssst... anyone notice the bugs? Search and ye shall find..

Have you guys found the bug yet? Here's a hint... Log in here then while in styles LOD 10, 12, or 14 click on HOME, then click on Discussions Forums and you'll see the problem.

Well sure because once signed in here you stay signed as arule. Even if you're not coming from here and go direct to the home page then click on the Forums link you have to sign in again. Not the end of the world but not very seamless either.

We need another "Home" link on the bottom message bar that takes us to the first page of the forum.

I would also like to add a "mark forums read" link to that menu bar, so one doesn't have to use the quick links drop down meny to access this.

ideally i'd like to see the bottom message bar dedicated to the forums, and the top message bar devoted to the site. We should also incorporate the info from the homepage (just the main page, www.lincolnsclub.org/index.html) into the message board main page, perhaps as a header, with links taking you to the rest of the homepage content.

To do this right will take a while and a significant amount of effort and redesign, but we can start implementing it bit by bit as we find the time.

Back