"Home"

We need another "Home" link on the bottom message bar that takes us to the first page of the forum.

I would also like to add a "mark forums read" link to that menu bar, so one doesn't have to use the quick links drop down meny to access this.

ideally i'd like to see the bottom message bar dedicated to the forums, and the top message bar devoted to the site. We should also incorporate the info from the homepage (just the main page, www.lincolnsclub.org/index.html) into the message board main page, perhaps as a header, with links taking you to the rest of the homepage content.

To do this right will take a while and a significant amount of effort and redesign, but we can start implementing it bit by bit as we find the time.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, much of what you said can be easier to accomplish with the vBadvanced CMPS (Content Management & Portal System) that many sites utilize for the front page of their message forum.

http://www.vbadvanced.com/

I strongly advise we consider utilizing this and other programs that were specifically designed to seamlessly work with the vBulletin message board software. This was discussed previously among the BOD and it was proposed that once the new message board was launched and fine tuned we would move towards integrating these other progarms.

Back