I Can't Log in from my brother's?

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
I was at my brother's since Thursday and I couldn't log on.

It said thank you for logging in, but as soon as I clicked on a forum, it logged me off.

Does anyone know why?

Wirelessly posted (HTC Hero: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Something like that is usually a local issue so I agree with bud, possibly a browser security issue

I'll get his IP address.

He has AOL dial up.

I didn't see any security settings, except I did allow pop ups, but that AOL has so much junk, I might have missed something.

It's weird that it seemed to let me log in then logged me back out without any explanation.

When I use my mom's, I forget to click the "keep me logged in" and that can sometimes cause an issue, especially for us as mods if we use mod tools or something.

true and being a proxy browser meaning sites can't identify true IP addresses because aol is a portal with its own IP, it gets blocked a lot. Once his computer is connected via AOL, minimize AOL and use a browser to surf to this site and then try it.

true and being a proxy browser meaning sites can't identify true IP addresses because aol is a portal with its own IP, it gets blocked a lot. Once his computer is connected via AOL, minimize AOL and use a browser to surf to this site and then try it.

Yea, that is what i would do back in the day with netscape :eek:

Ah, Netscape. I used to have that.:D

Thanks everyone, I'll try these suggestions the next time I'm there.:)

I'll get his IP address.

He has AOL dial up.
whoa.......a trip back 15 years ago

AOL is a virus in itself.
It was quite possibly the worst software ever written..... my mother in law still insists to must use the aol software even though I set up her aol account in outlook. She wonders why she ALWAYS has computer slowdown issues. The issues all disappear when I go into task manager and shut down all AOL associated services.....go figure lol

Back