Can't mark forums read

I am a firm believer in Norton's 360. As either Staples or Office Depot has it on sale for very little (sometimes free) and it's good for up to 3 computers, I've using it for about 3 years now. Love it.

Norton hit a real rough spot in the road a few years back but they've really got a good product now. #1 seller this past year! + they have a great customer support.

Comcrap gives you for free when you get their internet access Norton Security Suite and Norton Internet Security for Mac. It works very well and it is not the performance hog it once was.

You don't need an anti virus if you don't do stuff that gets you in trouble. The last time I got a virus was when Cat clicked on some stupid game on Facebook.

Norton and Macafee can eat a big one. Lol! You guys are waisting your money. Just stop clicking links in your email and use my pop up/cookie blocker setup and you're done. Maybe I should charge for my techniques?!

Last edited:
You don't need an anti virus if you don't do stuff that gets you in trouble. The last time I got a virus was when Cat clicked on some stupid game on Facebook.

Norton and Macafee can eat a big one. Lol! You guys are waisting your money. Just stop clicking links in your email and use my pop up/cookie blocker setup and you're done. Maybe I should charge for my techniques?!
on the contrary buddy, I disagree, while a router provides an adequate firewall for protection of ones network and high speed connection. virii don't only come from clicking links in emails, they MAINLY do but you can get infections from hijacked friends' accounts and outside sources and even on your own volition on accident. Viruses have been linked with program installers called .exe's but can also be attached to image files zipped files and or music. And the one with the least BLOATware and the one that recognizes more viruses as well as is updated regularly is the eset NOD I spoke of, McAfee is garbage and Norton is getting there. Spybot ONLY protects against specific spyware and may or may not be affective against adware as well as viruses. So the best triple threat protection is a good AV, Spybot and an Adware blocker/cleaner.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I agree with how you get the viruses, but I don't use blockers, I do it manually. I prompt to block cookies. This alone has saved me from viruses for altleast 8 years now. I don't have to pay anything for it either. But like you, I'm a keen and "safe" Internet browser so I don't go to sites I don't recognize, don't allow cookies to sites I don't recognize, don't click on links, and when a popup manages to get through, I don't click on the "cancel" button, I click on the REAL red X. Lol! You know what I'm talking about mike.

I'm pretty careful, and I still get the occasional virus, I run AVG. I have the Malawarebytes loaded, but that seems a little too complicated for my use in general, I only had to really use it once for a specific problem.

Then again, I'm always having some issue with how I've set things up, and I hate deleting cookies due to laziness in remembering what sites I've registered on and which password I've used. ;)

You have to run Malwarebytes at least once a week for it to do any good for you Sharon. And also keep up with the updates.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

See you guys wouldn't have ANY cookies that were unwanted if you prompt blocked your cookies. I haven't deleted my cookies for months. I block most sites unless I need to log in.

See you guys wouldn't have ANY cookies that were unwanted if you prompt blocked your cookies. I haven't deleted my cookies for months. I block most sites unless I need to log in.

Norton just blocks or deletes the unwanted ones for me

How does Norton know which ones to block?

Every site you go to has atleast 2-3 other sites that are different URL's that save cookies to your computer. There is no way Norton knows which ones you need or want.

Even my Bank of America site uses different URL's to save different cookies which control different functions of the site. Unless you manually monitor these site URL's, you'll never know what's being saved.

I've also been on a site for a while, not clicking on anything, and then all of a sudden some random site tries to save a cookie. Without prompting, you'd never see that.

Give it a try, there are NO negative effects and its free. And, with one click of a check box, you can just set it back to default.

Here is my thread on how do set it up. It's in internet options. Delete your cookies (if you want, I highly recommend a fresh start) and now everytime you go to a site, a cookies window will pop up. On the sites you like (LOD?) click the "apply to all" box and click "Allow" or "Block" depending on the site. DO NOT ALLOW cookies to sites you do NOT recognize. Try for a month and tell me if you like it or not. :)

Wirelessly posted (motorola droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG83G) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Remember though, cookies are not all bad, their actually intended to track what you like so things can be catered to your liking on sites you visit or related. They also help remember logins so a site knows its you coming back. I only recommended deleting your cookies for this site because with the update you need a fresh start.

This is true....that's why I said block cookies for sites you don't know.

I block ALL advertising cookies...I don't want ANY ads catered to my liking on other sites....I don't want ANYONE tracking what I do or like or buy.

Back