Can't stay logged in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stay logged in?

Since the upgrade, I can't seem to stay logged in. If I click on home, after the Forums, and go back to forums, I need to log back in. I click on the remember me button, but it doesn't. Just me? Anyone else?
    Sharon
    98 VIII
    sigpic

It's just you, no issues so far with me

Comment

I'm having no problems. Maybe you need basic lessons on computer operations.
      Norm Wagner

If you are going through hell, keep going.

Comment

Cookies.... Yum.
        JP

Comment

why does it have to be about my work?

Comment

I recently switched to Win10 and don't know how to do some stuff. The easier it gets for others, the harder it gets for me to remember how to do stuff.
            Sharon
            98 VIII
            sigpic

Comment

I'm with you Sharon! Win 10 sucks!
              Bud Pytko
              2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
              2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CC 4X4 LB
              2007 Arctic Fox 30' 5th Wheel

Comment

eh. 10 isn't so bad. I've been running it on most of my computers for a while now. It's a much shorter learning curve than 8 was..

When in doubt, right-click and select all the "pin to x" options. Then your everything will be everywhere.

As for the logging in, the forum is a bit particular. Enter the username, password, check that box, then *click* the log in button.

checking the box, entering username and password and hitting "enter," won't save it for some reason.

Also, if you haven't already done it, install firefox, then install adblock plus, and "privacy badger." they're pretty much the best tools ever.
                https://adblockplus.org/
                https://www.eff.org/privacybadger
                Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Yeah, 10's easier than 8 for sure, i just can't find certain things, plus I love cookies. I'm using adaware right now, norton came w/computer but I hate it. I'll try hitting the log in button, not sure I've done that part yet.
                  Sharon
                  98 VIII
                  sigpic

Comment

As an update, it's not me. I click on Forums, looks like i need to log in, which I keep doing. When I click on "new posts," without logging in, I am logged in. It's something about going from the home page to Forums. After I look at New Posts from forums, if i go back to forums I'm still logged in. All that without actually re-logging in. So :P I'm not as lame as you all think I am. This is why I was the one who would test any new software at work... I'd always find a way to see something others don't.
                    Sharon
                    98 VIII
                    sigpic

Comment

the software just hates you

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie View Post
                        ... This is why I was the one who would test any new software at work... I'd always find a way to see something others don't.
                        Why do I believe that?
                        JP

Comment

Sounds like when I bring up the site on mobile, I'm not logged in but if I click on "New Post" I'm remembered and automatically logged in. So it's not just you.
                          Eric
                          -00 Honda Accord (The MPG'er)
                          -97 Mark VIII Base (The Row'er)
                          -95 Mark VIII LSC (The Go'er)
                          -14 Model T touring (The Show'er)
                          -Rebuilding the T

Comment

Working...
                          X