Signatures and avatars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signatures and avatars

How do I restore my signature and avatar? The avatar shows up in indexes of posts but not in any individual post. I can't even find how to restore my signature. The site also seems to be very slow.
    Leo
    1997 Mark VIII LSC - (Moose)
    1986 Chevy El Camino - (Elky)
    New York AutoFest show schedule

Originally posted by LeoC2 View Post
    How do I restore my signature and avatar? The avatar shows up in indexes of posts but not in any individual post. I can't even find how to restore my signature.
    There are settings in your User Control Panel which determine if signatures/avatars are visible as well as controls to edit signatures/avatars.

Go to the upper right corner of the page and click on your User Name to reveal a drop down menu and select "My Profile" to go to your User Profile Page.

On your Profile Page, you should see an "Edit Settings" button on the left hand pane below your username and avatar. Click that button to take you to your User Settings Page.

On the User Settings Page you will see what your user profile settings are (User title, date of birth, ...), all which should be editable. At the top, "Profile" is highlighted indicating you are on the User Profile Page. To the immediate right is another button labeled "Account". Click on "Account" to go to your User Account Page where you can change your password, etc...

About midways down your User Account Page you should see a section titled "Conversation Detail Options". Under "Visible Post Elements", you can select whether avatars and signatures are visible as well as a link to edit your signature. Be sure to click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page when you have changed any selections!

Back to your User Profile Page, in the left hand pane you should be able to click your avatar to edit it.

See if this helps.

JP

Comment

OK thanks JP got it all reset but here's the problem I had... I saw that page before and when it loads it's a lot of blank space with some visible boxes and stuff. I realized that possibly I was looking at white text on a white background, sure enough if I performed a "select all" I could see the white text in the selection. So, you need to change all that text to black!
      Leo

Comment

OK thanks JP got it all reset but here's the problem I had... I saw that page before and when it loads it's a lot of blank space with some visible boxes and stuff. I realized that possibly I was looking at white text on a white background, sure enough if I performed a "select all" I could see the white text in the selection. So, you need to change all that text to black!
        That's totally weird as I did not have that problem. Hopefully Mike P will pick up on this.
        JP

Comment

I just emailed you a screenshot of the white on white.
          Leo

Comment

Thanks!
            JP

Comment

I'll look into it ASAP

Comment

One observation on the avatar. Mine appeared on my profile page, but not elsewhere. I actually saved the image from there, then clicked on it again, selected "edit avatar" and re-uploaded the image I just saved. That fixed it, but it's clear that the forum would prefer slightly different dimensions now. No biggie. I'll fix that eventually. I'm glad to have it back.
                Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

I just emailed you a screenshot of the white on white.
                  post it here

Comment

All five "tabs" have this problem. (I'm pretty sure this is the issue Leo was pointing out.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	516507
                    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                    2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Here's what Leo sent:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 6.22.00 PM.png
Views:	2
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	516513
                      Attached Files
                      JP

Comment

I changed my forum style (colors) and that stuff appears now.

Bill
                        1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
                        1997 White LSC 135k miles
                        1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
                        1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
                        1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

ok I will work on it. I fixed the drop down mike was talking about

Comment

Working...
                          X