what could it be? need help!

94hondakilla

Registered
At first i thought it was the front struts going bad because i had so much bounce in the front end, when i hit any sort of bump in the road. Well yesterday i turned off the air ride switch and drove the car around all day and it didn't lose any air at all. This morning i check it again and still it didn't drop the car at all. So i'm stumped, what could it be? The struts seem to be holding air fine, Appreciate the help, Thanks

RE: what could it be? need help!

The shock portion of the strut could be bad and the bags still good. I had a pair like that on my Gen1. Bounced like a beach ball - but no slam on the ride height.

Bounce the front of the car by hand.

What does it do?

i tried bouncing the front end by hand when the air ride was turned on, and it bounced and even after i stopped applying pressure it still went up and down. I tried it when the air ride was turned off the following day and it wouldn't move. Plus it has 140,000 miles on the car w/ all orginal suspension parts besides the 1 3/8 sway bar set that was installed 3 weeks ago. The day that the work was done on the car, the suspension was tight and responsive. Now after a bump i'm bouncin up and down. more suggestions? thanks

NEVER JACK UP THE CAR IF ITS NOT NECESSARY!!!!

Trust me on this...

The old suspension just doesn't like it.....it seems to bind up in the front....wild ride over dips, roadmarkers, etc

Those struts MAY come back for you.....they may not.

Time will tell.

te
LM8
146k miles

Back