Air Suspension Comptuer location in a 97

Grifter

Registered
where is that at in a 97? i followed kales instructions in his solenoid mod pages, but my computer doesnt seem to be in the kick panel like a 93 is.. anyone know?

RE: Air Suspension Comptuer location in a 97

I think it is in the right hand inner cowl panel next to the air compressor.

It is in the same exact place as on a first gen. I had no problems locating mine to do kale's mod.

Dave

ok now that i think i have found it, one more maybe obvious question.. where do i find the wire from the message center that goes on relay post 7?

look in the instructions for the easy kale mod (without the dual coil relay) and it has the picture of both plugs with the pins identified. You can find the pinout on alldata or in a service CD too. Maybe someone has the graphic saved and will post it, but i don't have it handy right now.

While we're on the subject, how much did the parts cost you, and what kind of diodes did you get? I went to the electronics store to buy the stuff to do the better mod, and i told them i need diodes, and they asked me what kind. I didn't know what to tell them. How much power do they need to be able to handle?

i paid $26 for the relay.. (ouch) and 1.13 for 100 diodes :) gotta love ebay... i got exactly what kind mod 1.2 called for.. i think they are 1/4w zener diodes.. if you want some let me know.. i will mail you some.. i will never use them again..
switches, i paid .69 each and a buck for a on/off switch
the 30a bosch realy was .99 and the pigtail harness for it was 1.69... so around 30 for the whole deal...

Back