The Dark Side!!!

gr3nad3

Registered
I've been around looking at these forums for a couple years now, but never had an account. I got this car (1998 Mark 8 lsc) from my brother and I always have fixed it when he destroyed it. So now he got a ford 500 limited Awd and he up and let me have his Mark so I took it and ran. He basically always beat the hell out of this car and I always fixed it. (Fixed all 4 disc and caliper after he destroyed them. Both bushings. There was a burnt out solenoidal it the transmission. Blend door TWICE!) Ive touched alot of that car. The way I look at it is just fix it and keep it good like and old hot rod. We live in Michigan and on the outskirts of Detroit also so there's alot of nice old hot rods.

The nickname of this car has been the Mach 8, Ive seen this car beat almost every car its gone in a race against, You probably wont believe me but It even has kept up with a Lamborghini Murcielago in its draft up to the Marks rev-limiter after my brother treed the crap put of him. Let alone poor little mustangs. You don't have to believe me, im just telling you what happened. I have video. And yes my brother is an A-hole for going that fast you don't have to tell me. He would drive to work that fast every single day.

That's the story of the car and needless to say I won't be following in his footsteps. This car has been through its paces to say the least. So now im gonna tell you about even more blasphemy and how when i got it the car was sitting a whole 3 inches off the ground front and back (was bouncing up and down like a boat on the way to the shop I actually got sea sick no joke and it scraped the ground pretty bad pulling in). I have paid $1400 to get it converted from air suspension to coil spring, alignment, front left control arm and whatever else on the suspension that was destroyed after my brother was jumping curbs at bell-isle on racetrack part.

I have gotten it converted due to basically due to both bags in the front and one on the back has been destroyed, and the compressor / dryer failing shortly after that.

Here are the pics as of today and im pretty sure I have to fix yet another bushing. They will be done fixing / maiming it at 5pm I hope. Ill be very interested to see how it rides and will post later to tell you.

Last edited:
I know i should have joined earlier but i tend to do that on forums, I lurk for a while then if I have something to actually contribute ill join.

I just got done driving the car and it turns great as good as before he destroyed it. Which I was totally surprised, then again I did get the best shocks I could for it. I believe they are called sensatrack. The technician said it would be a little noisy while the shocks are breaking in which I did notice, but then it stopped. I'm assuming the shocks warmed up a little after about 15 minutes and it made almost no road noise after that. Its was pretty cold out when i got the car.

I just have to do something about that front left bushing which was really hard for me to get off last time by myself on the right side. I could only get the front half of the bushing. It made a couple of noises when I was driving it. Then i have to get an oil change and change the Oxygen sensor. And he said something about a back left wheel bearing which I have never fixed before.

EDIT: J I forgot to say every-time i look at the picture of the Grey mark in you picture, it just makes me drool. That thing is sexy as hell. I believe that's a gen one, and I thought the gen one's have quad overhead cams. So that thing has to fast as hell.

Last edited:
Welcome! We're glad you joined! All Mark VIII's dual overhead cam. The only basic difference under the hood that you can readily see between the Gen I, and the GenII is the totally different intake, and the Gen II's have COP ignition. (no plug wires)

Welcome to the Lincolns of Distinction!

There are a few of us from around the Detroit area, you just missed a nice Michigan meet. Check it out in the Midwest Chapter forum.:)

Welcome! We're glad you joined! All Mark VIII's dual overhead cam. The only basic difference under the hood that you can readily see between the Gen I, and the GenII is the totally different intake, and the Gen II's have COP ignition. (no plug wires)

And a more aggressive factory tune from what I have heard. This makes any Gen2 almost a half second slower in my opinion. I've seen proof in track videos of a guy running with my same mods in a Gen1. Gen2=14.1seconds Gen2=13.7

I thought my car could run 13s with my bolt-ons and then driller and others reminded me that I have a Gen2. :D

Welcome,

Welcome,

PM Me in private post with the link to that video. Cant post that kind of stuff publicly anymore. They incite to many OJ simpson runs on the freeways i suppose. hahaha Everyone wants to be a star on the way to jail. Luv the lambos and wanna see it.

Back