How long should UCA's last?

Joeb6812

Registered
I brought my 98 into the shop last friday before I left for NYC and found that the bushings on the UCA's were wasted causing the clunking noise that has been getting worse and worse every day. I replaced them along with lower strut rod bushings and brakes and sway bar links and 4 wheel coil over conversion only 2 years ago and about 15k miles ago. There's no way that this is normal for replacement parts. It has has a squeak ever since all the work but I was never able to find it. Did I possibly miss something when I installed them? Is there a sleeve that the bolt runs through that comes seperate? Maybe I forgot to install them? I cant seem to remember. Thanks for any assistance

They should last longer than that. Were they the original replacement parts?

I've got about 65k miles on the UCA's on the green car, and I had about 100k miles on the red car's UCA's.

They were aftermarket from Rock Auto I believe. They may have been purchased from American Air Suspension

replacements

replacements

Is it possible to replace just the bushings? Maybe with poly bushings or just something better than the ones that come with new arms?

Well, you DID replace everything so there's no longer a chance to rule out one part or the other. Could have just been ONE faulty part. Still have the old ones?

It's both sides though. I haven't checked my receipts yet but I'm almost positive I bought Moog arms from Rockauto.com. If they are Moog, their site says there is a 5 year warranty so I'm gonna have to tear it down and send them back some how.

I thought you already changed them? You could always go the amazon route, it may save you some mula.

yeah I changed them about 2 years ago. waiting to see if I want to even do them again or if it may be time to part ways with the mark. :(

Oh man, don't say that! Try disconnecting the sway bar links too see if the noise goes away first. :) Trial and error.

I brought it in and shook the wheels down. It's definitely the UCA bushings. They are nearly falling out. I just dont get it.

i believe mine are stock at 135k and 1 has a tear in the boot. I fill it up with grease every once and awhile. Only drove the thing 5k since my last alighnment and the susp is still tight according to the tech and my mech buddy.

They last for 100-140k miles on the OEM parts, depends on what auto parts were used.

Hi do you have any suggestions on where can i find a good deal for a bushing aside from rock auto?? im still comparing prices, service, and selection, between online wholesalers to know who is in the best position to deliver me the highest quality for the lowest prices.:frown:

If everything comes your way, you are in the wrong lane
:D:D:D

Checked my records and found that the ones I bought from Arnott Industries are warrantied for life. I sent off an e-mail and in a couple days I had new arms delivered for free. They are the same ones as before and kinda feel chincey but if it's for free, it's for me. Lets see how long these ones last. They already have rust on them and they have'nt even been taken out of the box yet. :eek:

Haha...thats how mine were too! They need bigger wax paper moisture thingys. :confused-red:

Back