How long should UCA's last?

Replaced the upper arms again on Saturday along with the rear EVAP tray, the steering wheel, and the brake lines from the front junction block to the rear wheels. All that work reminds me of why I got into law enforcement and out of the wrenching business. Now the front end creaks when going over bumps or if I push the front end down by hand. Actually very loudly. I also think I broke the clockspring because its flapping and clicking when turning now. :frown: All the wheel options still work but its gotta be the clockspring. The old wheel was a huge pain to remove and the threads tore out immediately when I was removing it. Had to use the old finger type puller and get behind the wheel, then when it came off, it popped hard as opposed to the smooth removal I'm used to. UGH! Also, the EVAP tray was a project as well because the bracket it bolts to toward the front is so rotted I had to fabricate some sheet metal channel and screw it to the trunk floor. It came out ok but was still a pain in the arse. Should have seen the old one! HAHA!

Last edited:
Back