rear abs clarification

beerdog

Registered
Iwas reading the 1998 ford manual and it showed a rear ABS sensor and toothed ring onthe rear hub. My car dis not have this . The only thing I have is the sensor on the pumpkin. Is the manual wrong?

As far as I know, ALL the rear half-shafts are the same on the Mark VIIIs with the ABS sensor ring on the shaft next to the differential.

Iwas reading the 1998 ford manual and it showed a rear ABS sensor and toothed ring onthe rear hub. My car dis not have this . The only thing I have is the sensor on the pumpkin. Is the manual wrong?

Yes, it is. The diagram in my Factory Manual is of the front ABS setup.

As far as I know, ALL the rear half-shafts are the same on the Mark VIIIs with the ABS sensor ring on the shaft next to the differential.

Correct.

The 89-97 Thunderbird, 93-98 Mark VIII, and 99-04 Cobra IRS, ALL have the same setup, a toothed ring on the half-shaft and sensor on the diff.

Ok. Just thought I might ave been going crazy. The manual actual shows the front set-up under the rear ABS sensor section. It shows the real sensor under the anti-wheel spin section. Clearly an error in the manual.

Back