Rear splash shields discontinued

beerdog

Registered
Not sure if this is commonly known, but the rear break splashields are not available anymore. Don't throw out those rusty ones thinking you can buy replacements. Rockauto has them listed but they actually do not have any.

Anymore, the list of available parts would be shorter than the list of dis-continued parts for the Mark VIII. :(

Do you need a set? I've got some decent used ones. I've removed them from all of my cars.

No, but thanks. I just paid 5$per to have them dipped at the local rust remover. We are going to powder coat them here tomorrow. The kid has a small powder coating system and a home built propane curing oven.

Powder-coated splash shields?

You trying to keep up with Mark or what? LOL :D

Tell me about it. My car was supposed to be the garage queen, and I was the one who let him know the kid could powder coat items. :rolleyes:

If you ever need me to check the wrecking yards in Dallas for parts let me know. The cars in North Texas don’t tend to have rust issues since we don’t salt our roads or have the humidity. I had to run the a/c in the house today was like 78

If it’s any consolation about the warm weather in Dallas this week, my electric bill this summer was $475 a month

If it’s any consolation about the warm weather in Dallas this week, my electric bill this summer was $475 a month

ouch! I think my worst up here in MA this summer was about $175 and that was running 2-3 window AC's quite a bit in the summer, one was 10k btu unit.

Back