what kind of grease should be used on sway bar bushings.

calisonic

Registered
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Because evidently the stuff I piled on there four month ago is gone and they are making noise. It was a marine grade something or another blue grease.
Thanks!

Not sure, but the ones that came when i upgraded the ones on my Vette came with their own lube. It may depend if they are rubber or synthetic on what type of lube you use, some synthetics may not require lube, not sure.

you can always convert to the greasable set-up using energy suspension bushings. DLF and a few have done it. You must fabricate custom spacers/adapters. Do a search. There are pictures.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've seen those but they don't appear to grease the surface between the bar and bushing which is where all the noise comes from right? Only the bushing to bracket.

you can always convert to the greasable set-up using energy suspension bushings. DLF and a few have done it. You must fabricate custom spacers/adapters. Do a search. There are pictures.

I've seen those but they don't appear to grease the surface between the bar and bushing which is where all the noise comes from right? Only the bushing to bracket.

Incorrect, the grease is injected between the bar and the bushing.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=62344

Attachments

• HPIM1212s.jpg
    HPIM1212s.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ahhh. Fancy.

Back