Cold weather slam

LeoC2

Registered
Moose slams in the rear when it's very cold out, below freezing. All summer and in warmer weather there is no leak or anything wrong, only in the cold overnight. I've checked the airbags and don't find any leaks. Once this happens it takes a while before ride height is restored, I think it takes a bit to warm up in the ass end.

So could it be something else that is affected by the cold? The pump works, I can hear it. Possibly solenoids in the rear?

Moisture is likely in the system and either the airbag solenoids and/or the vent solenoid is icing and not properly closing? You could check this theory by turning the air suspension switch off (once you have normal ride height) when you park it. Make sure to turn it off with the door open before you turn off the ignition. This will prevent it from going to park height by venting.

Moisture is likely in the system and either the airbag solenoids and/or the vent solenoid is icing and not properly closing? You could check this theory by turning the air suspension switch off (once you have normal ride height) when you park it. Make sure to turn it off with the door open before you turn off the ignition. This will prevent it from going to park height by venting.

OK so I do what? Open the driver door, turn off air ride, turn of ignition? Or Open driver door, turn off ignition, turn off air ride?

I assume that if not slammed in the morning then it's moisture in solenoid?

Park as usual (assuming normal ride height), then open driver door and trunk, shut off air suspension switch, close trunk, turn off ignition and close driver door.

If it's not slammed in the morning after freezing overnight temperatures then you would seem to have moisture freezing in the solenoid valve(s).

Steve's always here to help solve a problem. :thumbsup:

Back