98 Mark SC Build

Just curious, when all is said and done, how much did you have to invest into this project? I'm sure I've seen you around town, I am in Marietta, near Sandy Plains Road.

Thanks Guys. :)

Mark, I am near Chastain and 41. If your interested, a few Mark VIII guys meet once a month to talk about Marks, and eat dinner. You have a open invitation to join us. We usually gather on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Let me know, and I can give you all the details.

I talked to Ryan today, and he said that Aric has decided to put a Cobra intake on it now. :) This will impact the T&T I wanted to do on the 29th at ATL dragway. More like July now for the T&T. The vortech mini race blow off valve is on order, and still waiting for the brakes, rims, and tires to arrive at the shop.

Mike if you are going through the trouble of swapping in a Cobra intake manifold might as well do a short runner intake! Otherwise I don't think it will be worth it, look at your dyno graph, the horsepower raises all the way to 7000rpm.

Serg, Fuel delivery is: SVT Focus fuel pump, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump (wired to be on all the time), stock fuel filter, Siemens Deka 60lbs injectors.

lol JP, Cat got yer tongue? :)

lol JP, Cat got yer tongue? :)

It amuses me how everyone believes the Cobra intake is the holy grail for the Mark VIII. Perhaps it is and I am the only one who doesn't see it? I will accept the fact the Gen2 intake is crap, but in a boosted application, I'm not confident it's worth the effort. You have a unique opportunity to contribute to the Mark VIII community by testing this theory and quantifying the results of the swap.

Have Aric do the intake swap and dyno the car under the same conditions otherwise with no other modifications. If a half dozen other changes are made along with the swap, such as IMRC deletes, pulley changes, blow off valve, or anything else that would change the boost, then it's a moot point.

Here is a list of unique items/mod highlights so far:

Vortech Supercharger Tuner Kit, 99-01 4v Cobra with V-2 SQ SC-Trim Polished

Treadstone Intercooler TR10 24in Long core

Custom Polished Aluminum Intercooler Tubing - 3 1/2" intake, 3" discharge

Siemens Deka 60lbs injectors

Ford SVT Focus Fuel Pump

Balancer

Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump

NGK BR7EF Spark Plugs

Ford Racing Aluminum Radiator 03/04 Cobra. Fits 97-03 Mustang/Cobra

Electric Fan 2002 Mustang GT

MAF for 2005 Mustang GT

MAF Plug for 2005 Mustang GT

VMP MAF adapter for 2005 mass air flow sensor into aluminum tubing

MafXtender

Kooks 3/4 Headers

Magnaflow polished SS mufflers

Magnaflow high flow cats

SCT Xcal2 Flash tool

2 1/2" Custom mandrel bend SS exhaust

PI Single disc 3600 stall torque converter

Dynotech Metal Matrix Drive shaft

Ford Racing 410 gears

Ford Racing Trak-Lok Diff

Raxle SC T-Bird rear half shafts

SCP Pinion Brace

Poly Diff Bushings

SCP Rear Cover Brace

Custom built 500+rwhp racing 4r70w transmission

Ford Racing deep well trans fluid pan

Custom built Ford plate style trans cooler w/SS braided lines

Pioneer in-dash navigation system and multi-media head unit

Myron-Davis DVD player

Stuff on order / not installed yet:

96-98 Cobra Intake

Vortech mini race blow off valve

Ford Racing/Brembo 13in 2000 Cobra R Front Brake Kit

Baer Eradispeed Extreme Plus 2 piece Front Brake Rotors for 1999-2004 Mustang Cobra

Brake Pads for 2000 Cobra R/Brembo Brakes

Front Hub and Bearing Assembly for 1999-2004 Mustang Cobra

Baer Eradispeed Extreme Plus 2 piece Rear brake rotors for 1999-2004 Mustang Cobra

Rear Hub for 1999-2004 Mustang Cobra IRS

Rear Wheel Bearing for 1999-2004 Mustang Cobra IRS

Rear brake pads for 1994-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Big Ed's Caliper Relocation Kit

Forgeline Custom Wheels (2 VR3P 18x10.5 Powder Coated with a polished lip)

Forgeline Custom Wheels (2 VR3P 18x9 Powder Coated with a polished lip)

LUG Custom Lug Nuts

Tires Toyo Proxes 255-35-18

Tires Toyo Proxes 285-35-18

Aric called today, and said the Vortech mini blow off valve is now installed on the Mark, and the idle is now smooth :)

He had time today to put his boost gauge on, and to work on some vacuum line issue, and decided to take it back to the dyno.

I do not have a sheet for this, but he said he dyno pulled 383rwhp with a max of 8psi boost that hit at 6500rpm using a 3.50 pulley with a fat air/fuel mix using the stock gen2 intake. That is good enough for me! :)

He said we do not need the Cobra intake now, and I am a pulley size away from going beyond 400rwhp. He said this tune is super safe, and I should be able to run it hard all day at the track if I like. :)

He is now setting up the transmission shift program, button everything up, and also try to locate me some new battery cables because I think they look like crap.

If all goes well, maybe by this weekend I will get to drive the Mark until all the brake, rim, and tire stuff comes in. :)

38X is a lot of HP :D congrats Mike!! Hope the car stays in one piece for a long time for you to enjoy. You best be in the 12s...

Yes, he should be able to trap over 110mph easily. He trapped 97mph NA, he has gained 150rwhp plus his horsepower peak is a lot higher now. I predict 112-113mph.

Thanks, everyone. You know that is a sure thing Jeremi. :)

I look forward to taking the Mark to the track to see what it can do. I agree with you guys. It should be a solid 12 second car.

Back