Do our engines have block (freeze) plugs?

Agreed, although I think that was aimed at me:

The only pressure generated in an NPG+ cooling system is due to the expansion of liquid, never by the formation of vapor. Consequently the build-up of pressure in a system using NPG+ is typically in the range of just 2 to 7 psig and gasket seals, hose connections, and even the radiator core, are under less stress and operate safer and longer.

If you have no pressure in the Mark VIII cooling system the expansion tank will siphon the low side upon cool down. If you have no cap or a hole in it you will build 0 psi. Duh.

I agree with the fact that until it boils the pressure will be low but its not a magic liquid that will not go above 7psi

so why not just leave the 15psi cap on its not like it will hurt anything if anything more pressure will increase the boiling point.

Also you want the cooling system under pressure since not all of the fluid is at the same level there are hot spots in the engine where a small amount of liquid is super hot and can form a small vapor pocket and actually insulate the heat into the engine higher pressure will help prevent this

Also you want the cooling system under pressure since not all of the fluid is at the same level there are hot spots in the engine where a small amount of liquid is super hot and can form a small vapor pocket and actually insulate the heat into the engine higher pressure will help prevent this

This is precisely what NPG coolant does best - maintaining a liquid coolant interface without localized vapor pockets or cavitation that is common with water based coolants.

Dead horse... stick... need I say more?

:D

My point is less about the coolant and more about the cooling system DESIGN in the Mark VIII. Thats what I am trying to get at.

I too often see people assume things and give out bad info. Someone reads the thread then get stuff messed up. I see this happen a lot with fuel pumps!

Point being the Mark VIII has a by-pass type expansion tank. Without a cap its can syphon the system during the expansion and contraction of the coolant.

Apparently that very simple concept is going over someone's head! :)

water wetter works for a short period of time. I flushed my syst. replaced the coolant and added water wetter(per instructions). my average high temp was 2 needle widths lower than before. after two weeks now its back where it started!( I think it would be great for raceday!) the average temps. here are between 100-110 right now. WHERE can I get the NGP+ coolant?

I told my buddy who is getting a 383 in his Vette about this since he blew his last engine and he is also getting a bigger radiator, I think he is going to try this stuff. I guess this would be the perfect time to put it in since he can completely drain the system.

OK, I kow I'm late into this, But I have a 96 teksid sitting next to me on my apartment floor, and there are drainplugs in the block at about halfway between the front and back of the block.

8MM allen heads to remove em'

Mike

OK, I kow I'm late into this, But I have a 96 teksid sitting next to me on my apartment floor, and there are drainplugs in the block at about halfway between the front and back of the block.

8MM allen heads to remove em'

Mike

Got any pics? :)

Back