Trying To Resurrect HOTLNC

HOTLNC

Charter Member
Paid Member
I've invested a couple of bucks in a product called Steel Seal. it has a lifetime warranty. It a chemical additive that reacts to the heat of the combustion chamber. It is designed to permanently fix bad head gaskets, warped and cracked heads. It seems to work -- kinda.

My symptoms was not as bad as you would expect from a bad head gasket. The car would blow coolant from the reservoir tank. The leak was over-pressurizing the water system. There was only a trace of coolant in the oil, as confirmed by Blackstone Laboratories. But blowing out the coolant is a no-no. Finally I will run out of coolant and that's a death sentence.

I put in 32 oz (two quarts) of Steel Seal. This is what is recommended for a V8. The motor has stopped blowing water past the pressure cap. It is still making a bubble of air in the crossover tube, but the coolant fills the tube back up when it cools. I have not had to add coolant in three test drives.

The plate is expired and the inspection is two year due. I'll re-plate it and try to get it to pass emissions.

If you want to check out their website: www.steelseal.com

Back