Need help with CEL codes 214, 327, 565

ovysimac

Registered
I have a CEL with the following symptom: Engine (at operating temp as well as when cold) often stalls from dead stop when pushing the gas pedal; it will not stall if accelerator is depressed SLOWLY. After scanning for codes I got:

• KOEO: codes 327, 565
  • CM: codes 214, 327

The OBD-I scanner book says to fix the KOEO codes before moving forward to KOER scanning. The book also describes these codes as:

1. 214 - cylinder identification circuit failure
  2. 327 - EGR valve position circuit below min. voltage
  3. 565 - canister purge solenoid circuit failure.

I don’t have any Mark VIII repair literature besides the somewhat cryptic 1993 FORD Shop CD, so before going any further (or even worse, getting my indie involved) I’d like to ask all Mark VIII gurus for some advice, as this forum is a trove of very useful information:

1. The obvious question is: are these codes described correctly in my OBD-I book? If not, please give me the correct description of each code.
  2. For each code, what action should I accomplish to eliminate the problem. Step-by-step instructions would be ideal. I’m not that mechanically talented and as I age my patience with fixing cars grows ever short…
Car is actually my daily driver and because I don’t have to smog it I learned to ignore the CEL but I’d like to fix this stalling/CEL.
Thank you all for your support/advice.

Back