Announcement

Collapse

CALL FOR CALENDAR PICS!

It's time to submit pics for the 2019 Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Calendar!

Send me pics of your Lincoln! Any Lincoln. ALL your Lincolns!!

Email them to me at ~

j_a_peters at usa dot net

PLEASE PUT "CALENDAR PICS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics, the bigger, the better quality the calendar will be! At an absolute minimum it should be 1200 x 1600.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...-calendar-pics
See more
See less

Tunes Available for Mark VIIIs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunes Available for Mark VIIIs?

I'd like to explore what a performance-oriented tune might do for my '98 Mark VIII, but I'm running into dead ends looking for a pre-loaded tuner. SCT Will sell me their tuner, but without tunes. I did some looking based on some older posts and found that Temple had one for the Mark listed on their website, but it disappeared after I left a voice-mail inquiry. Blue Oval appears to be out of business. I'm a neophyte when it comes to modern ECUs, and I have yet to do anything to the car that would require custom tuning. What do other Mark VIII enthusiasts do these days for tunes?
    Last edited by johnc9999; 10-08-2018, 04:10 PM.

There's a Blue Oval (mostly check it for Mustang stuff) on ebay. Don't know if it's the same one you're referring to.

Comment

Contact Don LaSota at LaSota Racing.
      JP

Comment

Thank-you guys for the information! I wasn't able to find anything about tuning via Blue Oval's E-bay store, but I did speak with Don LaSota this morning. He's pretty much got me sold on the Pro-Racer package for my Mark, as I would like to understand how tunes are created and be able to play around a bit myself. Driller, do you have any experience with this package?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc9999 View Post
          Driller, do you have any experience with this package?
          Indeed I do have experience with the SCT Pro-Racer Package. There is quite a steep learning curve but honestly I started with the EEC-IV platform which was quite a bit simpler and it definitely gave me a head start with the Gen2 OBD-2 system. I don't consider myself a 'tuner' but I don't fear making changes in the tune for my application.

Don wrote the book on the PRP software - literally. He also provides video reference to get you started along the way. You do need to practice restraint with the air/fuel mixture and spark timing as you do have the capacity to destroy things - literally.

JP

Comment

Ive always been a firm believer in a dyno tune.

Comment

Working...
            X