full stereo system replacement

lschotrod2312

Registered
i am going to replace the head-unit, front and rear speakers, and put a single 12" subwoofer in the trunk. i was just wondering what size speakers will fit front doors, rear speaker size and i would imagine that the disc changer gets deleted also.

i have an alpine type R 12" sub
alpine v-series mono channel amp
alpine v-series 4 channel amp
pioneer 5 way 6x9 465 watt speakers
pioneer 3 way 5 1/4 speakers
pioneer head unit from another car and im hoping i can get this to all work in my 98 lsc

Hi, there is a specific car audio section of the forum, so you may get a better response if posted in there, maybe a mod can move it.

The door and rear speakers are 6 X 8 but you can also use a 5 X 7. I don't think the 6 X 9 would fit without some modification. The 5 1/4 will with an adapter.
I like your Alpine choices. I'm running 6 X 8 component system in my doors.
You would also have to re-wire the whole system, as I'm sure you know already because you are running your own amps, but its not difficult. The hardest part for me was running the speaker wire through the rubber flex hose connecting the door. Duct tape the speaker wire to a hanger wire makes this much easier to push through.
CD changer is eliminated. If you are installing a head unit that will play MP3s, you won't miss it.
Good luck.

Back