blend door actuator

lschotrod2312

Registered
im about halfway through replacing my blend door actuator, with a little help from some instructions that i got from this site and even with the instructions this is no easy task, also reinforced the new blend door arm as instructed because i NEVER want to have to do this again.. just looking for any tips or pointers (my tip to whoever cant reach that top left screw on the blend door motor is to use a 1/4 ratchet with a 14" extension (i also used a 3" flexible extension on the end of that) through a little square hole on the right side of where the radio goes, you can see the screw with a flashlight and it helped ALOT!

i had a customer from georgia come down with his 97 last week so i could do his blend door, i actually tried to cut corners and try it a different way then i normally do, before on the previous ones i have done, i took just about everything out, like the dropping of the steering column, and removal of pass air bag, not this time, i removed all the dash bolts, the center console, and message display screen, pulled the pass side of the dash out far enough, changed it and put it back together, i was totally done in 1 1/2 hours, my fastest time was 2 1/2 hours, now that i found out how little actually has to be removed to do this job, next time i can nail it in an hour no sweat. this job is not hard, for a 1st timer it may be, but if i am nice enough to take pics and write up a new " how to " next time, even a first timer could do this job in 2 hours tops, and the dealer says like 6 hours, thats rediculous.

Back