HVAC No heat

Joeb6812

Registered
I have had this car for 2 years and it has 182'000 miles on it. The A/C worked fine and the heat worked fine until Aug 07. At that time the A/C still worked but the heat did not. I lived with it until it got cold and started looking for the problem. I found that the coolant was fine and it was a control problem. I noticed a metal arm hanging from the back of the heater box. When I pushed up on it it started to blow warm. I pushed up as hard as I could so I could get as much heat out as possible. It is warm enough to defrost the windshield but not quite right. What parts do I need and how hard is it to pull the dash and heater box out?

Hello again.:)

It sounds like the blend door problem that many gen 2 Mark VIII's have.

I'll move this post to the Electrical, Interior, and HVAC section. You'll get more replies about this problem there.

I'd help, but I don't own a gen 2.

Last edited:
np it helped me out alot so thank the author, and those who helped me. Its a great site here.

That's a good lookin Mark. What happened to the RR center cap? Same thing that happened to mine? Rotted out?

I scrapped those rims and bought rims off here, the non-chrome sprayed ones, and they have all their center caps. I have to update my pics but thanks for the compliment.

Back