Wiring diagram / soution needed.

BlackMark8

Registered
Ok - i removed my original "head" unit/ or tape deck out of the dash - got a new CD player with install kit for my mark viii - The conversion is either wrong or wont work, plug dont match up. Then i tried the traditional connecting the wires together waiting to hear sound from a speaker, i grabbed the wires that appear to be paired up color coded and nothing. I need to know what wires that i can grab behind the dash to hook up the speakers, i really dont want to run wire to all 6 in a diagram form, color codes would be nice. thanks to everyone

Did you know that you can purchase a CD for the Mark and it has all the wiring diagrams on it as well as all the maintenence procedures? The Mark isn't as simple as just "color codes".

ok so im basically screwed, because i already cut the plugs off, all wires are there though, so - i cant retrieve the speaker wires from behind the dash?? I have a new cd player that im putting in now, a JVC mp3 player.

harness adapter kit

harness adapter kit

well some one had stolen my stereo from my buick century and ripped all the wires clean out.. it took me a very long time but by trial and error i found the power,ect ect and spliced it into the wires that come out of the back of the aftermarket stereo, (the plug that goes into the stereo with wires on the other end) so by testing them all out multimeter and whatnot you can do it, but it is a pain.. also i believe there are 2 different harness adapter kits so that you dont need to cut any wires.. 1 for regular factory system 1 for factory premium sound

ok so im basically screwed, because i already cut the plugs off, all wires are there though, so - i cant retrieve the speaker wires from behind the dash?? I have a new cd player that im putting in now, a JVC mp3 player.

Ahhh, impulsive youth. You sound like I was when I was young!! Always have to learn....but the hard way.

so can anyone help me? i just need to know if the wires behind the dash will make sound come out my speakers (are they behind there or not? and what are the colors)

Thanks guys i got it working - seems i had the wrong wires AND i didnt know that the amp had to be powered in order for it to work since i got a new amp - but it works fine, thanks alot guys ur the best there is

Back