Need help with fuel gauge/message center

93opal8

Registered
Ok...a little while back my buddy and his wife were at the hospital having their first child so me and my wife went to see them. I parked my 1993 Mark 8, that I JUST finished a complete coil conversion on *no more sagging rear end*, in front of the ER and went up to see how things were going. After about a half an hour we decided to go home. When we got out to the parking lot, everything from my car was thrown all over the place, and my speakers/head unit/and amplifier were never to be seen again.

O.K. Now that i have that off of my chest down to my REAL problem. Apparently when the thief accosted my dash board to remove my head unit something happened that caused my fuel gauge, and message center to cease functioning. I have since then put another head unit in to see if I could maybe complete a circuit somewhere and make them work, to no avail. So if anyone has any information on how I may be able to get this problem solved I would greatly appreciate it.

My plans for now are to get these small problems fixed and try to sell my baby to help pay for my laser eye surgery.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this, everyone on this site has been a real help in my love for this car.

This will prob be difficult to find. Your thief probably broke a wire in the dash going to the message center. Does ANYTHING on the message center work? Here's a link to where you can go look at the wiring diagrams for your car. That is beeter than shooting in the dark.

http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html click on ARRC put under user id "library". For password put "library" again. All kinds of manuals there for all vehicles.

Back