Door lock problem

Nojuego

Registered
I'm having a bit of trouble with my drivers side door lock.

The lock works fine when the door is closed. The only time it will mess up is when I put the car in park and the doors unlock automatically. At this point, once the auto unlock fails I can still unlock the door fine with the switch on the door. If I forget to unlock the door with that switch and open the door with the lock still stuck the door will fail to latch closed. While the lock is stuck and the door is open the switch on the door takes a few toggles to unstick th lock. Any ideas to what the problem could be? I don't think it's the actuator because like I said it works fine except when unlocked automatically by parking the car.

I've got the same problem with my red Mark. I replaced the actuator because it was bad a few years ago, but now I have this problem.

I have to unlock the door, then lock it again when I leave my car, or sometimes it won't latch closed.

I think it's in the door latch itself. This summer I'm going to remove the latch, clean it up, and lube it, or if I have to I'll replace it.

Now that I think about it that seems plausible. I was thinking there may be a problem with the voltage being supplied to the lock. Are there any wiring diagrams for the door available online? If the signal has to go through an intermediary to unlock the door while the door switch gets it's power from a different source it could explain why it fails to unlock automatically. Perhaps it's another component that is wearing and giving a larger voltage drop than normal.

Than again, that wouldn't explain why the lock, once stuck, won't open with the switch right away. That part of the problem makes me think it may be the latch.

This Should work now

This Should work now

["Be2lose;134558]Your link is taking me to a Ford Truck site. Not sure why. Took me a bit to figure it was not what you were intending. It worked when I cut and pasted.
Good site to have bookmarked."

See if this works. Same ID/password - "library" for both.

http://search.ebscohost.com/

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Is it the Transmission range sensor that sends the signal to the remote/keyless entry module to open the doors? If so, that may be where the problem lies. On the schematic it seems that only triggers the backup lights.

Back