Real Chrome Paint - Refinish headlights!

whiplash15

Registered
Has anyone here gone to www.innate.com and seen their chrome paint? To me it seems like a good place to start if you need to refinish the inside of 93-96 headlights. This may be particularly useful if you were to also upgrade both dim and brights to the newer HID kits now available. The kits run about $90 each and come with 9005 socketed bulbs at 4300K and up. Even though I no longer own a Gen I, I have half a notion to buy a pair of lights and see if I can make it work. I know the last 94 I owned was totally worthless after sundown.

My concern with painting them is would the paint hold up to the heat from the bulb and stay attached to the plastic housing? I would hate to get in there to put a chrome finish just to have it chip off after a while.

Although I would have the same concern with the aluminum tape that some users have used. Does anyone have long term results with either method?

I dont know of anyone that has used the chrome paint as of now. I do expect that somwone will in the future. If you think about it though, if you were to update the bulbs to the HID's now available, they are only 35 watts compared to 55(?) watts stock, in which case they would burn cooler.

hid's dont put out nearly the heat halogen's do. the trim brite chrome that i have put in the housings is not affected by heat, even after a year it still looks like it did the day i fixed them, as for my hid housing that i redid the driverside with trim brite, looks like a factory housing still.

I need to do something about my lights. I guess the refinishing is a cheaper alternative to replaceing them. The insides of my lights need some work. Can anybody explain to me how to cut open the lights without destroying them? I mean if I cut them open and destroy them I think i hahave kind of defeated the purpose. Any help is appreciated.

Back