Steering Column Adjust

Joeb6812

Registered
Has anyone seen any common problems with the electric switch that adjusts the steering column? The switch works in the UP, DOWN, and IN, but not the out. The wheel is in the full in position and cannot go any further. When the switch is pushed in, I can feel the mechanisim click and bind up. When I try to go out, it does not do anything at all. No clicks or attempts. It's probally an easy diagnosis with a multimeter and test light but, I figured I would check with you guys first since you have been able to help me with every other problem I have had.

Thank You
Joe B (MV)

If you do a search on steering column, you will find the repair solution. Until you can get to it, I was able to simply hit the steering wheel in the direction I wanted it to go until I got around to getting it fixed. I was really lucky, twas under warranty when mine went bad.

My steering colunm is not binding, it's just not moving out. It does not make any attempt at all. I think it is electrical. It does'nt matter now because I have more issues anyway. The engine started skipping AGAIN with cyl #1. I'm gonna be taking it all apart and replacing the valve covor gaskets and spark plug tube seals on Tuesday. As soon as I removed the spark plug coil covor, to replace a coil last week, I opened up a can of worms.

Thanks for the help though.

Back