Check ????

BlackMark8

Registered
After fixing my air - ride problem, i was driving the car to my dads, and everything is fine and dandy, then all of a sudden.... i can hear the safety sound beeping (as if its giving me a "check" message, like the noise it makes when it says "low oil level" or "check air ride system"). It kept beeping with no message, it just said my range, 113 miles left to empty, but it kept beeping, and i looked closer it was saying "check head lamps" - but only real fast, barely stays on long enough to read it, it keeps beeping, like every 3 seconds, but the lights dont even flicker on/off or anything. Anyone ever experienced this before?

I know my 98 gives me the chime when the directional is on too long. The flickering sounds like a loose wire or connector.

My error will make the noise and show the message "check head lamps" but it turns off (as in/if sensor is satisfied or fixed) Then will re-appear and it does this rapidly within3 - 5 seconds apart - sometimes even up 15 seconds, before i hear the noise and it flashes "check head lamps" in bright letters then immediatly go back to my range "113 miles left to empty" without me pressing reset, and it does that whole thing in within 1 second.

Does it do it while parked? Or only driving? May be loose or chewed by squirrels wiring. I just had to have complete engine wiring harness replaced on my truck! 1900 clams...open season on squirrels at my house!

Seems to do it while parked or driving, but coincidentally more while driving. If its a loose wire is it just a sensor or something? Because, like I said, the lights work fine and dont ever flicker on/off. Just wandering if this was a common sensor fault or something.

All that is required to see if wires are frayed/chewed is a visual inspection. I don't know where the sensors are that turn on the light. Look here for the electrical schematic.

go to http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html click on ARRC put under user id "library". For password put "library" again. All kinds of manuals there for all vehicles. We may want this for a "STICKY".

Back