Keyless Remote

mymark93

Registered
I went to Autozone today they wanted me to pay $100 for a replacement keyless remote. That's insanely overpriced. I can get a full remote start system for that. Do those replacement remotes on ebay work fine?

Are you talking about the reciever for your key fob signal that is in the trunk, or am I missing something else? If you are you might want to try Jamie.

I got one off ebay for my '97. Worked great...comes w/ program instructions. Make sure you get the right one...Driver 1 or 2.

Look on the reverse of your present keyfob. If you have a switch there it should say whether or not it is driver1 or driver 2. Order whichever you need/want. It sets the seat,outside mirror etc to your liking. Maybe the Gen 1 doesn't have that feature...I don't know. Also do not get one one that looks like an oversised peanut (in shell). Get the square one. Will last much longer.

It doesn't say either one on the back of my keyfob, so I guess I don't have that feature. How hard is it to program?

It'll take you..maybe 2-3 minutes...including reading the instructions! You need your master entry code.

That is just the code that you originally used on the key pad on the door right?
Sorry for all the stupid questions.

That is just the code that you originally used on the key pad on the door right?
Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Yes, Thats it. I have two one is gereric like yours. the other is for driver two. The generic one works fine, but you need to press which driver you want on the door for the memory to work.

I don't think the '93 had the keyfob with 2 settings. Look in the "LINCOLN TECH" section(click link above) for programming instructions.

When we first got the '93 Mark VIII in 2000, it came with only one keyfob. I bought a second one from the local FLM dealer for like $50. It was generic but it did have the Lincoln logo.

Back